You can also take a look at the written steps to learn how to set up Google Analytics without a plugin in WordPress.
- Step 1: Get Your Google Analytics Tracking Code. Log into your Google Analytics account and select the website for which you need the tracking code.
- Step 2: Add the Tracking Code to the header.php File.
Does Google Analytics work with WordPress?
Adding Google Analytics to a WordPress.com site or blog is available as a feature of the WordPress. com Premium, Business, and eCommerce plans. Visit My Sites → Tools → Marketing → Traffic to enable Google Analytics.
How do I add Google Analytics to my free WordPress blog?
How to Add Google Analytics to WordPress (4 Possible Methods)
- Use a Google Analytics WordPress Plugin.
- Manually Connect Google Analytics and WordPress with Code.
- Integrate Google Analytics and WordPress with Google Tag Manager.
- Sync Google Analytics Locally for Performance Reasons.
How do I add Google Analytics to a WordPress plugin?
To create this plugin, you’ll follow five steps:
- Check your active theme’s header. php file to ensure it includes the wp_head hook.
- Create a new file in your plugins folder.
- Get your analytics tracking code from the Google Analytics site.
- Add some code including the tracking code to your plugin.
- Activate the plugin.
How do I put Google Analytics on my website?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
Where do I add Google site tags in WordPress?
Apply the Google Tracking Code into the WordPress theme’s header
- Log into the WordPress Administrator.
- Click on Appearance and then click on Editor.
- A typical WordPress theme will have a Theme Header (header. php).
- Paste the Global Site Tag (gtag.
- Click on Update File in order to save the code changes.
How do I add Google global tag to WordPress?
- Go to the Add New plugins screen in your WordPress Dashboard.
- Click the upload tab.
- Browse for the plugin file (global-site-tag-tracking.zip) on your computer.
- Click “Install Now” and then hit the activate button.
Where do I put the Google Analytics code in HTML?
According to Google: “The code should be added near the top of thetag and before any other script or CSS tags, and the string ‘UA-XXXXX-Y’ should be replaced with the property ID (also called the “tracking ID”) of the Google Analytics property you wish to track.”
How do I upload my local site to WordPress?
To move your WordPress site manually, you will first export it via phpMyAdmin.
- Step 1: Export Local WordPress Database.
- Step 2: Upload WordPress Files to Live Site.
- Step 3: Create New Database on Live Site.
- Step 4: Import Local Database on Live Site.
- Step 5: Redirect the Site URLs.
- Step 6: Set Up Your Live Site.
How do I add measurement ID in WordPress?
- Upload tracking-code-for-google-analytics to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Navigate to Settings > General > scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Insert your measurement ID.
- Save your changes.
Is Google Analytics free on WordPress?
The Enhanced Ecommerce Google Analytics plugin is a free WordPress plugin that’s great for WooCommerce. Keep in mind that this plugin comes with certain limitations. It only supports simple products. Also, it’s not fully compatible with some WordPress themes, like custom or child themes.