Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Appearance » Theme Editor. Now click the Theme Header (header. php) file on the right-hand side below the Theme Files section. Paste the tracking code you just copied from your Analytics profile before the closing tag.
How do I change my Google Analytics tracking ID?
Paste the Tracking ID into your WCMS site (see Add your Tracking ID to your WCMS site below).
- From Google Analytics, sign in with your Google (often this is a gmail) account.
- Select the Admin tab.
- Select the Account and Property you wish to edit from the drop down menus.
- Select Property Settings option.
How do I add Google tracking code to WordPress?
Once your child theme is active, you’ll need to paste your Google Analytics Tracking Code right before the closing tag in your header. php file. Then, make sure to click on the Update File button. Google Analytics tracking code is now being added to WordPress.
How do I remove Google Analytics code from WordPress?
Delete an Analytics account
- Remove the Analytics tracking code from all your web pages or from your app.
- Sign in to Google Analytics..
- Click Admin.
- In the ACCOUNT column, use the menu to select the account you want to delete.
- In the ACCOUNT column, click Account Settings.
- Click Move to Trash Can.
How do I put tracking code in WordPress?
How do I add the tracking code to a WordPress website?
- Install the plugin: Header and Footer.
- Go to the configuration panel of the plugin.
- Under the “Page head and footer” tab, add the tracking code to the section which says “Code to be added to the HEAD section of every page”:
How do you set up Google Analytics on WordPress?
How to Set Up Google Analytics for WordPress
- Sign Up For Google Analytics. The first thing you’re going to need to do is sign up for Google Analytics.
- Install Your Plugin. Next, you’ll need to actually install your plugin.
- Authenticate Your Google Account.
- Select the Profile You Want to Track.
- Start Tracking.
How do I put a tracking code on my website?
- 1Obtain your tracking code in your marketing automation tool.
- 2Locate your global footer in your content management system.
- 3When you have found your tracking code and located your global footer, copy and paste your tracking code into the footer.
How do I add Google Analytics tracking code to my website?
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
How do I add Google Analytics code to my website?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
How do I add Google Analytics code to HTML?
Set Up Google Analytics
- Sign in or create a Google Analytics account.
- In the left bottom of the sidebar, click Admin.
- On the right side of the screen, select the account you would like to use or create a new account by clicking the + Create Account button.
- Click the + Create Property button.
- Select Website.
Where do I find my Google Analytics code in WordPress?
Step 1: Get Your Google Analytics Tracking Code Click on Admin in the left taskbar. In the property column, click Tracking Info and then Tracking Code. Now you can get the tracking code under the Website tracking section.
How do I find duplicate Google Analytics codes in WordPress?
In your WordPress dashboard, click into Appearance » Editor » header. php and search for any Google Analytics code: If you find tracking code here and you’re currently utilizing ExactMetrics, go ahead and remove the duplicate tracking code from within your header.
Where should you paste your Google Analytics tracking code during the manual installation process?
Google’s official recommendation for adding the Google Analytic tracking code is place the tracking code in the HEADER SECTION () of the website.
How do I edit the HTML header in WordPress?
Go to Appearance > Header. Please note that some themes don’t have the header option so you’ll have to go to Appearance > Theme Editor > Header and modify the header PHP files. Then, go to the Header Image section and click Add New Image. After that, select the image you want to use in your header.