Install Google Analytics with Google Tag Manager
- Click on Add new a tag, and a new window will popup.
- Select a name, as an example “Google Analytics“
- Click on the tag configuration area, and chose the type of tag Google Analytics – Universal Analytics.
- Leave the track type on Page view.
- Then pick a setting variable.
How do I see Google Tag Manager results in Google Analytics?
Where can you find the data in Google Analytics? To see the events, how often they occur, and how many tags they send, you can use the Event reports in Google Analytics. To see details about the individual tags sent, use the Ecommerce reports.
Can we use Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager at the same time?
Having both hardcoded Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager on your site in and of themselves is not an issue. You’ll ultimately need to make sure you’re not duplicating your efforts and consequently duplicating your data. If you need to have both, then yes, you can.
How do I setup my GA 4?
Follow these steps to implement Google Analytics 4 using Google Tag Manager. Step 2: Click “Add a new tag” option under “New Tag. Step 4: Select “Google Analytics: GA4 Configuration ” from the “Choose Tag Type” window. Step 5: Enter GA4 “Measurement ID” as shown in the Image.
How do I test Google Tag Manager Tags?
How do I know if Google Tag Manager is working?
- Check the source code of the website by right-clicking on any of the web pages and selecting ‘View page source’ then find the GTM container code, if it is present that means Google Tag Manager is working.
- Use Google Tag manager’s preview and debug mode.
What is Google Tag Manager and Analytics?
How do I track Tags in Google Analytics?
How to track Google Analytics Events in Google Tag Manager
- Log into Google Tag Manager.
- Select “Tags” from the left-hand side.
- Create a new tag.
- Select Universal Analytics from Tag Type.
- Set your Google Analytics Tracking ID.
- Choose “Event” for the track type.
- Set your Event Category, Action, Label and Value as desired*
Do I need both GTAG and GTM?
Note: For individual tools, you should use either Google Tag Manager or the Global Site Tag, but not both. If you install both of them, you will end up sending duplicate data to any tools that are connected to your website via both implementations.
What is the difference between GTM and UTM?
GTM does not provide any analytics. It can be used to deploy Google Analytics tracking, but using a UTM tag does not rely on GTM in any way. UTM tags aren’t configured in Google Tag Manager because they aren’t deployed on your website.
How do I add GTM to my website?
Setup and install Tag Manager
- Create an account, or use an existing account, at tagmanager.google.com. (A new container is created by default, and you can create additional containers within each account.)
- Install the container in your website or mobile app.
- Add and publish your tags.
What is the difference between Google Analytics and Google Analytics 4?
Analytics creates a single user journey from all the data that is associated with the same user ID. Unlike Universal Analytics, a Google Analytics 4 property incorporates User ID natively across all reporting, analysis and insights and does not require a separate User-ID reporting view.
What is Google Tag Manager?
Google Tag Manager is a tag management system (TMS) that allows you to quickly and easily update measurement codes and related code fragments collectively known as tags on your website or mobile app. When Tag Manager is installed, your website or app will be able to communicate with the Tag Manager servers.