Copy the measurement ID and go to Tools → Marketing → Traffic in your WordPress.com settings. Head to My Sites → Tools → Marketing → Traffic and scroll down until you find the Google Analytics section. Paste the entire ID you copied from the Google Analytics site into the “Google Analytics Measurement ID” box.
How do I put Google Analytics on my WordPress site?
Log into your Google Analytics account and select the website for which you need the tracking code. Click on Admin in the left taskbar. In the property column, click Tracking Info and then Tracking Code. Now you can get the tracking code under the Website tracking section.
Is there a Google Analytics Plugin for WordPress?
MonsterInsights is the best Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. It lets you add Google Analytics to your WordPress website without editing code or hiring a developer. Plus, it makes it super easy to find analytics data that matters for business through its WordPress dashboard reports.
How do I add Google Analytics to a WordPress plugin?
To create this plugin, you’ll follow five steps:
- Check your active theme’s header. php file to ensure it includes the wp_head hook.
- Create a new file in your plugins folder.
- Get your analytics tracking code from the Google Analytics site.
- Add some code including the tracking code to your plugin.
- Activate the plugin.
How do I add Google Analytics to my website?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
How do I add Google Analytics to my free WordPress blog?
Adding Google Analytics to a WordPress.com site or blog is available as a feature of the WordPress.com Premium, Business, and eCommerce plans. Visit My Sites → Tools → Marketing → Traffic to enable Google Analytics.
How do I add Google global tag to WordPress?
- Go to the Add New plugins screen in your WordPress Dashboard.
- Click the upload tab.
- Browse for the plugin file (global-site-tag-tracking.zip) on your computer.
- Click “Install Now” and then hit the activate button.
How do I add a tracking tag to WordPress?
How do I add the tracking code to a WordPress website?
- Install the plugin: Header and Footer.
- Go to the configuration panel of the plugin.
- Under the “Page head and footer” tab, add the tracking code to the section which says “Code to be added to the HEAD section of every page”:
Where do I put the Google Analytics code in HTML?
According to Google: “The code should be added near the top of thetag and before any other script or CSS tags, and the string ‘UA-XXXXX-Y’ should be replaced with the property ID (also called the “tracking ID”) of the Google Analytics property you wish to track.”
How do I find the Google Analytics code on my website?
- Load a web page in the Chrome browser.
- Right-click the page, then click View page source.
- You should see a lot of code. Search the page for gtag. js or analytics. js (for Universal Analytics) or ga. js (for Classic Analytics).
Is ExactMetrics free?
Yes, there is a free version of ExactMetrics called ExactMetrics Lite. You can get even more advanced features and addons by upgrading to a paid plan.
Does Google Analytics have an API?
Introduction. The Google Analytics Reporting API v4 provides programmatic methods to access report data in Google Analytics (Universal Analytics properties only). With the Google Analytics Reporting API, you can: Integrate your Google Analytics data with other business applications.
Is MonsterInsights plugin free?
MonsterInsights Lite is a free version of MonsterInsights, the best WordPress plugin for Google Analytics. Using the plugin, you can easily set up Google Analytics on your WordPress site without having to edit any code. And you don’t have to hire an analytics expert to setup tracking.