How to View External Link Clicks In Google Analytics
- Click Tag.
- Choose the Google Analytics Tag template,
- Choose Tag type Universal Analytics.
- Configure the Tag, Add your GA ID to the Tracking ID.
- For Track Type, select Event.
- For Category, you can name this “Outbound Link Clink“.
- For Action, choose Click URL.
How do I track outbound links in Google Analytics 4?
How to Enable/Disable Outbound Click Tracking
- Go to Admin Section.
- Select the Property that you want to manage this setting for.
- Click on the Data Stream link.
- Select the Data Stream that you want to modify.
- You will see Outbound click under Enahnaced measurement section.
How do I track a link click in Google Analytics?
Track clicked links with Google Analytics
- Click your profile image at the top right, then select Account settings.
- Click Analytics tracking settings.
- Select Enable Google Analytics integration then enter the domains you want to track:
- Click Save analytics settings.
How do I track mailto links in Google Analytics?
View Mailto Link Clicks in Google Analytics You can see your mailto link clicks by going to your Google Analytics account. Then go to Behavior » Events » Top Events. Here you can see how many people clicked on your mailto links. And that’s it!
How do I track outbound links?
You can track which outbound links are clicked by your users by adding a short, simple code in your Google Analytics Tracking code.
- Where are you Going?
- Event Category is the name of the event.
- Total Events is the times the Event occurred – in this case, it’s the number of times my outbound link was clicked by a user.
What is outbound link click?
Outbound clicks provide a measure of the amount of traffic your ads help send to your website or app. They are different than link clicks, which specifically count clicks on links in the displayed ad that include both external destinations and certain Facebook experiences.
What is an outbound link?
Outbound links, or external links, are the opposite of backlinks. Rather than another site having a link to your website (a backlink), outbound links are when you include a link to an external site on your blog page or website.
How does GTM Track email clicks?
Tracking email address clicks
- Create and name a new trigger.
- Select “Click > Just Links” as the trigger type.
- Don’t worry about ticking “Wait for Tags” and “Check Validation.”
- Select “This trigger fires on Some Link Clicks”
- For the firing conditions, use the Click URL variable.
What can you track with Google Tag Manager?
What can you track in Google Tag Manager (GTM)?
- Events (link clicks, PDF downloads, add to cart click, remove from cart click)
- Scroll tracking.
- Form abandonment.
- Shopping cart abandonment.
- Video views tracking.
- All exit link clicks.