Go to the WordPress Dashboard → Appearance → Editor menu and click the “header. php” file on the right side menu to edit the code. All you need to set up Google Analytics to WordPress website is to copy the “Tracking Code” from Google Analytics and paste it into the header code. But not just anywhere!
How do I add Google Analytics code to my WordPress site?
Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Appearance » Theme Editor. Now click the Theme Header (header. php) file on the right-hand side below the Theme Files section. Paste the tracking code you just copied from your Analytics profile before the closing tag.
How do I add Google Analytics tracking code to my website?
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
Does WordPress allow Google Analytics?
Adding Google Analytics to a WordPress.com site or blog is available as a feature of the WordPress.com Premium, Business, and eCommerce plans. Visit My Sites → Tools → Marketing → Traffic to enable Google Analytics.
How do I put Google Analytics on my website?
Add Analytics tracking
- On a computer, open a classic Google Sites.
- Click Settings. Manage site.
- Under “Statistics,” click the Down arrow. Use Universal Analytics.
- In the text box, under “Analytics Web Property ID,” enter a valid Analytics Property ID.
- At the top, click Save.
How do I access Google Analytics for my website?
There are two ways to access Analytics: through a standalone account at http://www.google.com/analytics, or through your linked Google Ads account. You can sign in to your Analytics account from http://www.google.com/analytics. Click Sign in (at top right), and select Analytics.
Can you use Google Analytics on any website?
Will Google Analytics work on any website? Google Analytics will work on any website as long as you install the code snippet on it. Whether your website is an old and crusty one from 2010, or whether you make it yourself using one of the most popular and new website builders.
How do I add Google Analytics to a WordPress plugin?
To create this plugin, you’ll follow five steps:
- Check your active theme’s header. php file to ensure it includes the wp_head hook.
- Create a new file in your plugins folder.
- Get your analytics tracking code from the Google Analytics site.
- Add some code including the tracking code to your plugin.
- Activate the plugin.
How do I add tracking code to WordPress?
Adding Tracking Code Options
- You can use Insert Headers and Footers plugin, and the first step is to install it on the website.
- Once you activate the plugin go to Settings >> Insert Headers and Footers.
- From there, just add your code to the Scripts in the Header Box.
How do you check if Google Analytics is installed on a site?
For web pages you visit (and don’t own)
- Load a web page in the Chrome browser.
- Right-click the page, then click View page source.
- You should see a lot of code. Search the page for gtag. js or analytics. js (for Universal Analytics) or ga. js (for Classic Analytics).