Track clicked links with Google Analytics
- Click your profile image at the top right, then select Account settings.
- Click Analytics tracking settings.
- Select Enable Google Analytics integration then enter the domains you want to track:
- Click Save analytics settings.
How can I see how many people clicked on a link?
Tracking link clicks on websites For websites, you can use Google Analytics. To do this, enable the analytics tools provided by Google and use their measurements to check all your clicked links arriving at the website. If you use marketing channels to mostly drive traffic to your website, this is a good place to start.
Does Google Analytics track external link clicks?
Also, keep in mind that Google Analytics 4 can track outbound link clicks automatically. That is a part of Enhanced Measurement. Learn more here.
How do I track clicks on a link in Google Analytics 4?
Set up custom link clicks.
- Add a Google Analytics 4 property to your site. In Google Analytics 4, you can automatically track links.
- Click “See your GA4 property.”
- Click “Data Streams.”
- Click your site.
- Set up custom link clicks.
How do I track a user journey in Google Analytics?
5 Steps to Understand User Journey from Start to Conversion in Google Analytics
- Step 1: Google Analytics View & Filter. Create a new separate view with a filter ‘including’ only virtual page views.
- Step 2: Datalayer Event Tracking.
- Step 3: Google Tag Manager.
- Step 4: Set up Goal in GA.
Can you be tracked by clicking a link?
Unless they discovered some major vulnerability in your browser, your device or in Google Maps, they can’ t figure out where you are just because you click a link.
How do you make a trackable link?
How to Create Trackable Links to Measure Your Campaigns
- Google URL Builder.
- Step #1: Paste the Link.
- Step #2: Create Campaign Source.
- Step #3: Create Campaign Medium.
- Step #4: Create Campaign Team.
- Step #5: Add Campaign Content.
- Step #6: Add Campaign Name.
- Google URL Shortener.
How do trackable links work?
Once a user clicks on a source tracking link, the analytics can be viewed inside your reports where you will be able to see how each configured source performed. If a source link has not been visited, it will not appear in the report.
How do I track outgoing links?
You can track which outbound links are clicked by your users by adding a short, simple code in your Google Analytics Tracking code.
- Where are you Going?
- Event Category is the name of the event.
- Total Events is the times the Event occurred – in this case, it’s the number of times my outbound link was clicked by a user.
How does GTM track outbound links?
How to Track Outbound Link Clicks with Google Tag Manager
- Log in to Your Google Tag Manager Account.
- Go to Variables and Click New Under User-Defined Variables.
- Select Auto-Event Variable Under Variable Type.
- Go to Triggers and Create a New One.
- Select Click – Just Links Under Trigger Type.
- Go to Tags and Click New.
Should I use Google Analytics 4?
However, we highly recommend that you upgrade to Google Analytics 4. As mentioned above GA4 provides a much better data model than the current version of Google Analytics. You don’t have to use GA4 for your reporting and analysis right away but it will give you an option to try out new things.
How does GTM track external links?
Tip 106: Track outbound link clicks with the Auto-Event variable
- Step 1: Create the Auto-Event variable. Go to Variables in the Google Tag Manager user interface, and scroll down to User-Defined Variables. Click New.
- Step 2: Create the Just Links trigger. Then, go to Triggers in the GTM user interface, and click New.
How is CTR calculated in Google Analytics?
CTR is the number of clicks that your ad receives divided by the number of times your ad is shown: clicks ÷ impressions = CTR. For example, if you had 5 clicks and 100 impressions, then your CTR would be 5%. Each of your ads, listings, and keywords have their own CTRs that you can see listed in your account.