Google Analytics can collect a lot of data about how people use a website. At its most basic, it will collect: Time of visit, pages visited, and time spent on each page of the webpages. Referring site details (such as the URI a user came through to arrive at this site)
What personal information does Google Analytics capture?
Yes, various data that Google Analytics cookies can collect from your end-users through your website, such as IP addresses, unique IDs and ClientIDs – is data that either directly or in combination with other data can identify an individual.
What data is sent to Google Analytics?
By default, this Google Analytics hit captures data like:
- Page Information. URL – the URL of the page the user is viewing.
- Browser Information. Browser name – the browser the user is using.
- User Information. Location – this is derived from the IP address where the hit originated.
What data and reports do you collect from Google Analytics?
The 6 Most Important Reports in Google Analytics
- 1.) Mobile Overview Report. Audience > Mobile > Overview.
- 2.) Channels Report. Acquisition > All Traffic > Channels.
- 3.) Navigation Summary. Behavior > Site Content > All Pages > Navigation Tab.
- 4.) Landing Pages Report.
- 5.) Site Speed Overview Report.
- 6.) Goal Overview Report.
What do Google Analytics reports include?
Google Analytics report template The report includes key KPIs like: Sessions and users (users, page views, bounce rate, page per session, session duration and more) Landing page (landing page sessions, conversion rate, revenue metrics, bounce rate, page load time) Browser (browser, operating system)
Does Google collect personally identifiable information?
To protect user privacy, Google policies mandate that no data be passed to Google that Google could use or recognize as personally identifiable information (PII). PII includes, but is not limited to, information such as email addresses, personal mobile numbers, and social security numbers.
Where Can Google Analytics collect data from?
The data that Google Analytics uses to provide all the information in your reports comes from these sources:
- The HTTP request of the user.
- Browser/system information.
- First-party cookies.
How does Google Analytics capture data?
To start collecting basic data from a website:
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
What data does Google Analytics prohibit collecting?
Google Analytics doesn’t allow collecting personally identifiable information (PII). Personally identifiable information (PII) is any data you can potentially use to identify a particular person.
What are the benefits of using Google Analytics?
Google Analytics Benefits
- Track Online Traffic.
- Understand User Behavior.
- Offline to Online Tracking.
- Data Reports And Customization.
- Improve Online Advertising With Marketing Analytics.
- Improve Search Engine Optimization And Content Marketing.
- Google Analytics Conversion Tracking.
- Find Your Target Audience.
What is the audience report in Google Analytics?
Audiences in Analytics are users that you group together based on any combination of attributes that is meaningful to your business. An audience might be simply current shoppers (include users who have > 0 product views; exclude users who have > 0 purchases).
What are transactions in Google Analytics?
In Google Analytics, ‘transactions’ represent unique orders on your online store, and a ‘unique purchase’ measures the number of times a product was part of a transaction. Since transactions can include multiple products, the number of unique purchases is often higher than the number of transactions.
What is data Analytics and reporting?
Here’s the difference between reporting and analytics. Reporting is about taking existing information and presenting it in a way that is user friendly and digestible. Analytics is about adding value or creating new data to help inform a decision, whether through an automated process or a manual analysis.
What information can a marketer obtain from Google Analytics?
Google Analytics for marketers Audience helps you explore who your customers are, including information such as demographics, location, retention, and device technology. With these metrics, you can interpret the impact of your marketing efforts on various user segments.