The Google Analytics tag should be added near the top of the head tag and before any other script or CSS tags, and add the property ID of the Google Analytics property you wish to work with.
How do I add Google Analytics code to my website?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
Where is my Google Analytics code?
Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column. Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column. Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
How do I get my Google Analytics code?
To find the tracking ID and code snippet:
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code.
Is Property ID the same as tracking ID?
Google Analytics Tracking ID (aka Property ID) is the unique identifier of a GA property. It allows Analytics and other apps to distinguish your property from other properties.
Do I need to put Google Analytics code on every page?
You do need to put Google Analytics on every page that you are interested in tracking. Depending on what website builder you are using, it is done automatically for you.
What is a Google Analytics code?
How does Google Analytics code work?
How do I log into Google Analytics?
There are two ways to access Analytics: through a standalone account at http://www.google.com/analytics, or through your linked Google Ads account. You can sign in to your Analytics account from http://www.google.com/analytics. Click Sign in (at top right), and select Analytics.