Step 2 | Add your Google Analytics property to your Wix site
- Go to Marketing Integrations on your site’s dashboard.
- Click Connect under Google Analytics.
- Click Connect Google Analytics at the top right.
- Paste your Google Analytics 4 Measurement ID or Universal Analytics Tracking ID in the pop-up.
Can you use Google Analytics for Wix website?
It is not possible to use Google Analytics with a free Wix site. This is because Google Analytics requires that you have your own URL (e.g. www.mystunningwebsite.com). This service is therefore only available to users who have upgraded their site to a Premium Plan that includes connecting a domain.
How do I link my site to Google Analytics?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
How do I know if Google Analytics is working Wix?
You can check that your Google Analytics code is working by viewing the Real-time report in your Google Analytics dashboard while your Wix site is open on your computer. To view the Real-Time report: Open your Google Analytics dashboard. Click Real-time on the left.
How do I add a tracking code to my Wix website?
- Go to Settings in your site’s dashboard.
- Click the Custom Code tab in the Advanced section.
- Click + Add Custom Code at the top right.
- Paste the code snippet in the text box.
- Enter a name for your code.
- Select an option under Add Code to Pages:
- Choose where to place your code under Place Code in:.
- Click Apply.
Can I use Google Analytics for any website?
Will Google Analytics work on any website? Google Analytics will work on any website as long as you install the code snippet on it. Whether your website is an old and crusty one from 2010, or whether you make it yourself using one of the most popular and new website builders.
Where we do paste Google Analytics tracking code in your website?
According to Google: “The code should be added near the top of thetag and before any other script or CSS tags, and the string ‘UA-XXXXX-Y’ should be replaced with the property ID (also called the “tracking ID”) of the Google Analytics property you wish to track.”
How do I access my Wix Analytics?
To access Wix Analytics Insights:
- Go to theAnalytics & Reports page in your Wix site dashboard.
- Click Insights under Analytics Tools.
Why is Wix not connecting to Google?
If you’re still having issues, you can try clearing your browser cookies. Click Allow in the Google pop-up. The SEO Wiz needs certain permissions in order to submit an index request for your site. Make sure to click Allow on the Connect to Google pop-up which appears when you submit your request.
Is Wix Analytics free?
Is Wix Analytics free? Yes, all Wix users get Wix Analytics for their website. To duplicate and customize reports, or to create your own, you can upgrade to a Business VIP plan.
How do I anonymize my IP in Google Analytics?
To anonymize IP addresses in GTM, you need to adjust your Google Analytics Settings variable. Or you can do this directly in your Universal Analytics tag. In the GA settings variable, change your Fields to Set to “anonymizeIp,” and set your value to “true.” Note that this is the syntax for Universal Analytics.
How do I find Google Analytics property ID?
Find your Tracking ID and global site tag
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
What is the difference between Google Analytics and Google Analytics 4?
Analytics creates a single user journey from all the data that is associated with the same user ID. Unlike Universal Analytics, a Google Analytics 4 property incorporates User ID natively across all reporting, analysis and insights and does not require a separate User-ID reporting view.