How to track Facebook ads in Google Analytics
- Step 1: Create a trackable link. The first step to tracking your Facebook activity in Google Analytics is to generate a URL parameter for your ads.
- Step 2: Create your Facebook ad.
- Step 3: Add trackable link to your Facebook ad.
- Step 4: Track performance in Google Analytics.
How do I see Facebook traffic in Google Analytics?
How to Track Facebook Campaign Traffic in Google Analytics
- Scroll to the top of the report and click Add Segment.
- Click on the red New Segment button.
- Select the Traffic Sources tab on the left menu bar.
How do I connect my Facebook to Google Analytics?
Go to your Google Analytics account and click the “Add new profile” link. On the next screen, select “Add a Profile for a new domain” and paste in the full URL for your FBML tab.
How do I track Facebook UTM in Google Analytics?
STEP 6: Track Facebook UTM conversions (in Context) with Google Analytics data from one place
- Log into UTM Smart Manager > Connections.
- Click on each of the data sources (ie Facebook Ads)> Log into Facebook > select your account > click OK.
How can I track traffic on Facebook?
The easiest way to find out how many Facebook users are coming to your website from Facebook is to go to Acquisition » All Traffic » Channels in your Google Analytics account. Here, you’ll see a list of traffic sources bringing people to your website such as organic search, direct traffic, referrals, and paid search.
How do I track a Facebook ad?
You can find Recent Ad Activity in the bookmarks sidebar of Facebook’s mobile apps and desktop site. Recent Ad Activity appears to show the past three months or so of ads you clicked, liked, commented on or shared. There’s also a tab for ads you purposefully saved.
Can I see Facebook pixel data in Google Analytics?
Snapshot: Facebook Ads Manager > Ads Manager menu > All Tools > Measure & Report > Custom Conversions. Create Custom Conversion > URL Contains *OR Equals*: [URL] OR [URL Keyword] > Choose a Category: Lead > Source should be your Facebook Pixel, status should be Active > Click Next.
What is the best way to track Facebook ads?
Just follow these 5 simple steps to track your Facebook ads in Google Analytics:
- Use URL Campaign Builder to Generate URL Parameters.
- Define Your Campaign Source, Medium, and Name.
- Define Campaign Term and Campaign Content.
- Generate a New Campaign URL for Your Ad.
- Track Performance in Google Analytics.
Can Google Analytics track Facebook impressions?
How do I see traffic on Google Analytics?
To check traffic sources on specific pages:
- Log into Google Analytics.
- Click ‘Behaviour -> Overview’.
- Click the page you want to analyze.
- Click the Secondary dimension drop down menu.
- Within the drop down menu, click Acquisition -> Source (or medium, depending if you want to see general or specific traffic sources).
How do I see social media traffic in Google Analytics?
Log in to Google Analytics and select the right website for which you’d like to view the social media report. In the left taskbar, navigate to Acquisition » All Traffic » Channels. You can view a detailed Channels report. Now click on the Social column.