Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Appearance » Theme Editor. Now click the Theme Header (header. php) file on the right-hand side below the Theme Files section. Paste the tracking code you just copied from your Analytics profile before the closing tag.
How do I access WordPress analytics?
First, you can get a quick overview of your analytics in the WordPress Dashboard. Here you can see the number of sessions, pageviews, bounce rate, top posts and pages, and more. If you want more detailed reports of your WordPress stats, you can go to Insights » Reports from the WordPress dashboard.
Does WordPress have built in analytics?
WordPress doesn’t come with built-in analytics, so you’ll need to install Google Analytics on your WordPress site. An easier way of connecting Google Analytics with WordPress is through a plugin like MonsterInsights.
How do I add Google Analytics to a WordPress plugin?
To create this plugin, you’ll follow five steps:
- Check your active theme’s header. php file to ensure it includes the wp_head hook.
- Create a new file in your plugins folder.
- Get your analytics tracking code from the Google Analytics site.
- Add some code including the tracking code to your plugin.
- Activate the plugin.
How do I put Google Analytics on my website?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
How do I add Google Analytics to my free WordPress blog?
Adding Google Analytics to a WordPress.com site or blog is available as a feature of the WordPress.com Premium, Business, and eCommerce plans. Visit My Sites → Tools → Marketing → Traffic to enable Google Analytics.
Do you have to pay for Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is what they call a “freemium” service, meaning that small businesses can use the service without paying a monthly charge, but if you want more advanced features or the ability to do more with the service, there is a recurring fee.
How do I add a tracking tag to WordPress?
How do I add the tracking code to a WordPress website?
- Install the plugin: Header and Footer.
- Go to the configuration panel of the plugin.
- Under the “Page head and footer” tab, add the tracking code to the section which says “Code to be added to the HEAD section of every page”:
Where is the analytics menu for a website?
Once you have a feel for the basics of Google Analytics, you can navigate to the menu on the left hand side of your screen. The features and settings within this menu will allow you to analyze your website’s statistics in more depth.
What is the best analytics plugin for WordPress?
The Best WordPress Analytics Plugins
- Google Analytics WD.
- WP Google Analytics Events.
- Jetpack by WordPress.com.
- WP Statistics.
- Slimstat Analytics.
- Enhanced Ecommerce Google Analytics Plugin for WooCommerce.
- WP Power Stats.
How do I see website analytics?
- Load a web page in the Chrome browser.
- Right-click the page, then click View page source.
- You should see a lot of code. Search the page for gtag. js or analytics. js (for Universal Analytics) or ga. js (for Classic Analytics).
Which plugin is used for analytics?
1. MonsterInsights. MonsterInsights is the most popular Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. It allows you to easily add Google Analytics to your site, and you can access your reports right from your WordPress dashboard.