1) Log in to Google Analytics and select any view from the account that you wish to implement cross-subdomain tracking. 2) Access the admin panel by clicking the gear icon in the bottom left of the screen. 3) Under the property column, navigate to Tracking Info Referral Exclusion List.
Can you track subdomains in Google Analytics?
The Google Developer site for Google Analytics has very few references to subdomains. A search for “ subdomains” points you to documentation for cross-domain tracking, and cookie domains. When using automatic cookie domain configuration, your users will be tracked across subdomains without any extra configuration.
How do I see subdomain traffic in Google Analytics?
How to see traffic for subdomains in Google Analytics
- Log in to your Analytics account and go to the Admin screen.
- Click on “Filters” under the third column (VIEW).
- Click “+ New Filter”
- Add Name for Filter (anything is ok – example – “Show Full Subdomain”).
- Select “Custom” for Filter Type.
- Selected “Advanced”.
How do I manage subdomains in Google Analytics?
All we have to do now is go to the Google Analytics account and check the Real-Time reports option and click on the “Overview”. Open up an incognito window in your browser and enter a page with the subdomain. If everything is correct, you will see an active user on your subdomain, that shows up under the main settings.
How do I view subdomains in Google Analytics 4?
How to configure cross-domain tracking in Google Analytics 4?
- Step #1. Go to the Admin of Google Analytics > Data Streams and select web data stream.
- Step #2. Go to More Tagging Settings.
- Step #3. Click Configure your domains.
- Step #4. Enter all domains that should be included in the cross-domain tracking setup.
Do subdomains need cross-domain tracking?
If you are tracking visitors on different subdomains but they all belong to the same main domain, you DO NOT need to implement Cross-domain tracking. That way, all subdomains will have access to the same _ga cookie. Use the same GA property for all subdomains.
Is a subdomain considered cross-domain in Google Analytics?
Subdomains. You can use cross-domain measurement to collect data from a primary domain, like www.example.com, and a subdomain, like www.subdomain.example.com, in a single Analytics account property. No additional configuration is required.
Does Google treat subdomains as separate sites?
Google has always treated subdomains as different sites, separate from the main domain. “You’ll need to verify subdomains separately in Search Console, make any changes to settings and track overall performance per subdomain.
How do I add a view to a subdomain in Google Analytics?
To add a new view:
- To to your Google Analytics Admin panel.
- Select your subdomain from the drop-down at the top left.
- Click Admin on the sidebar at the left.
- Click Create View.
- Enter the view’s name under Reporting View Name.
- Select your timezone under Reporting Time Zone.
How do I exclude traffic from a subdomain in Google Analytics?
From there the steps to exclude the subdomain from one view are as follows:
- Set filter type to Custom Filter.
- Activate the radio button named Exclude.
- Set filter field to Request URL.
- Set filter pattern to something. domain. tld.
- Click on Save after scrolling to the bottom of the page.
Does Google Tag Manager work on subdomains?
Google Tag Manager does not care about domains or subdomains If you want, you can use the same container on 5 related websites (that are hosted on different domains or subdomains). Reminder: you are using the same GTM container on both domains.
What is referral exclusion list?
A referral exclusion list is the list of domains whose incoming traffic is treated as direct traffic (instead of referral traffic) by Google Analytics. Direct traffic is a Google Analytics session (or visit) which starts without a referrer being passed by a user’s web browser.
How do I add unbounce to Google Analytics?
Within the Unbounce App, select the Settings tab on the left-side menu bar. Select Script Manager from the list of Settings options. From Script Manager, click the button at the top-right to Add a Script, and select Google Analytics from the drop-down menu.
How do I track subdomains in GTM?
Tracking across subdomains requires only a simple configuration, which you may already have enabled by default:
- In GTM, set the Cookie Domain field to auto. This tells Google Analytics to set its cookie on the primary portion of your domain.
- In Google Analytics, update the Referral Exclusion List.
Does GA4 have views?
There is no “view” level section of GA4. Whereas traditional Universal Analytics famously has three levels (Account, Property, and View), GA4 only has Account and Property levels. Whereas “event tracking” in classic Analytics required modified Analytics code or gtag.
What is true about a subdomain?
A subdomain is an additional part to your main domain name. Subdomains are created to organize and navigate to different sections of your website. You can create multiple subdomains or child domains on your main domain. You can use any text as your subdomain, but you want to make sure it’s easy to type and remember.