How to Set Up Google Analytics Events in Google Tag Manager
- In the Tag Screen, Click New.
- Select a Google Analytics Tag and in the Track Type drop-down, select ‘Event’
- Choose your Category, Action, Label or Value.
- Choose whether the Non-Interaction is False or True.
What is Google Analytics event category?
‘Event label’ is a way to provide additional information about specific website elements to identify a unique event, like a product name, video title, or URL. For example, if you have three videos on the same page, they’ll all have ‘Videos’ as the event category and ‘Play’ as the event action.
How do I create a custom event in Google Analytics?
Create an event
- In the left pane, click Configure, then Events.
- Click Create event.
- If your property has more than one data stream, you will be asked to select a data stream.
- Click Create.
- Under Custom event name, enter the name you want this new event to have.
How do I find the event category in Google Analytics?
See Event data in reports
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Navigate to your view.
- Open Reports.
- Select Behavior > Events.
How do I mark an event in Google Analytics?
The ‘event label’ is the name assigned to the web page element, whose users’ interaction you want to track. You can use any value of type ‘text ‘ as an event label. An Event label can be a title of a video, title tag of a web page, name of a gadget, name of the downloadable file, etc.
What are Events & custom events in Google Analytics?
Custom events are events that are not already automatically collected or recommended events. Only use custom events if the existing events don’t handle your use case. Custom events won’t show up in most standard reports so you will likely need to set up custom reporting for meaningful analysis.
How do I name an event in Google Analytics?
Here are the rules to apply in a naming convention for Google Analytics views:
- Use numbers/digits to distinguish the most important views and their order.
- Use property name in the view name.
- In the end, add the name/purpose of the view.
How do I create an event in Google Analytics 4?
To create a Google Analytics 4 Event tag:
- Click Tags > New.
- Click Tag Configuration.
- Select Google Analytics: GA4 Event.
- For Configuration Tag, select the Configuration Tag you created earlier.
- For Event Name, specify the name of the event.
- Optional: Enter Event Parameters.
What is Event value in Google Analytics?
Event value is an optional metric in Google Analytics (GA) that can be used to evaluate user interactions with individual site objects or content items. By subsequent specification of the event value, it is possible to determine the monetary value of this particular user interaction.
Where are custom events in Google Analytics?
In Google Analytics 4, go to Configure > Custom Definitions. Since we sent 2 custom parameters with the menu link click, we must register them both here. Click the Create Custom Dimensions button and then enter:
- The name of the parameter. You can enter whatever you want.
- Event parameter.
How do I create an event in GA4?
To set up GA4 custom events via Google Tag Manager follow the steps below:
- Step-1: Log in to your GTM account and then click on ‘Tags’ in the left-hand side menu:
- Step-2: Click on the ‘New’ button to create a new tag:
- Step-3: Name your tag ‘Button Click’ and then click on ‘Tag configuration’.
What is events in Web Analytics?
Event (analytics) In analytics, an event is recorded when an Internet user performs an action on your website. Events can be measured independently of loading a new page. Different examples of web analytics events: click on a link.
What is an event tag?
“Event Tags” are tags that you can use to label and color-code your Calendar Events. For example, if you have multiple phone meetings on your calendar, you can mark them all with an Event Tag that shows the Event as purple and with a phone icon.
How do I test events in Google Analytics?
The simplest way to do this is to trigger the event yourself. Then, check Google Analytics to see if the event showed up. You can view your tracked events by clicking “Behavior” in the sidebar and scrolling down to “Events.” Your tracked events can be found under “Behavior” in Google Analytics.