To do this, you’ll need to have Edit permission for the GA property. Sign in to your Google Analytics, choose the property you want to edit, and go to Admin. Then, in the Property column, click Tracking Info > User-ID. After that, you’ll see a page with some instructions and codes.
How do I pass my Google Analytics user ID?
Set up User-ID in your account
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Click Admin, and navigate to the property in which you want to implement User-ID.
- In the PROPERTY column, click Tracking Info > User-ID.
- Follow the steps outlined in the next sections.
How does GTM implement user ID?
Open your Universal Analytics variable in GTM and set the custom field to send User ID data to your User ID view. Do this by opening up the “More Settings” drop-down menu and set the custom field as “userid” with the data layer variable just created as the value.
How do I add Google Analytics tag to GTM?
Install Google Analytics with Google Tag Manager
- Click on Add new a tag, and a new window will popup.
- Select a name, as an example “Google Analytics“
- Click on the tag configuration area, and chose the type of tag Google Analytics – Universal Analytics.
- Leave the track type on Page view.
- Then pick a setting variable.
Can Google Analytics track user ID?
Google Analytics User ID is a unique set of alphanumeric characters (like GdffTeeD453589) assigned to a user so that he/she can be identified across devices/ browsers and over the course of multiple sessions. Google Analytics cannot generate unique IDs for you that can be used as User IDs.
How do I find my GTM ID?
Log in to your Google Tag Manager account and open a container. In the top right corner (next to the Submit and Preview buttons) you’ll see some short text that starts with GTM- and then contains some letters/numbers. That’s your Google Tag Manager ID.
What is the difference between client ID and User ID in Google Analytics?
As you have seen earlier, the Client ID is stored in a cookie, and therefore only tracks the same user across the same browser and device. On the other hand, the User ID focuses on the user, tracking him or her across a range of devices and browsers.
What is client ID Google Analytics?
What is the Client ID in Google Analytics? The Client ID (cid) is a unique identifier for a browser–device pair that helps Google Analytics link user actions on a site. By default, Google Analytics determines unique users using this parameter.
How do I give GTM access?
Step-1: Login to your GTM account and then click on the ‘ Admin’ tab. Now enter his email address, select account permission and container permission for each container listed in the account. Now change the account permission and/or container permission for each container listed in the account.
How do I add GTM code to WordPress?
Now follow the steps below to add Google Tag Manager code to your WordPress site.
- Step1: Login to your WordPress admin and navigate to Appearance >> Editor.
- Step2: Look for the header.
- Step3: Now paste the first tag manager container code just below the tag as shown in the image below.
How do I add GTM to my website?
Setup and install Tag Manager
- Create an account, or use an existing account, at tagmanager.google.com. (A new container is created by default, and you can create additional containers within each account.)
- Install the container in your website or mobile app.
- Add and publish your tags.
How do I track registered users in Google Analytics?
Enable the Google Analytics User ID tracking feature by expanding the “Tracking info” property and then clicking on “User-ID”. On the next page you can enable the feature and create a User-ID view. This view will show only data from registered users.
How do I track a user logged into Google Analytics?
Steps to Track Individual Logged in Users
- Login Google Analytics and then create an Account.
- Create Property.
- Create View with User-ID enabled.
- Create Custom Dimensions to track user types.
- Modify tracking code to include user-id and custom dimensions.
- Create custom reports, view and analyze data.
How do I track user activity in Google Analytics?
How to track users with Google Analytics
- Create and configure your Google Analytics account.
- Add GA tracking code to your pages.
- View reports.
- Track where users click and scroll with heatmaps.