Deploy Universal Analytics with Tag Manager
- On the Workspace Overview screen, click New Tag.
- Click Tag Configuration and choose Universal Analytics.
- Select the desired Track Type.
- Select or create a new Google Analytics Settings Variable:
How do I connect Google Tag Manager to Google Analytics?
Install Google Analytics with Google Tag Manager
- Click on Add new a tag, and a new window will popup.
- Select a name, as an example “Google Analytics“
- Click on the tag configuration area, and chose the type of tag Google Analytics – Universal Analytics.
- Leave the track type on Page view.
- Then pick a setting variable.
How do I see Google Tag Manager results in Google Analytics?
Where can you find the data in Google Analytics? To see the events, how often they occur, and how many tags they send, you can use the Event reports in Google Analytics. To see details about the individual tags sent, use the Ecommerce reports.
How do I set up Google Analytics 4 in Google Tag Manager?
To create a Google Analytics 4 Event tag: Click Tags > New. Click Tag Configuration. Select Google Analytics: GA4 Event. The Google Analytics 4 Event tag
- Click Add Row.
- Enter a Parameter Name.
- Enter a Value.
- Repeat until all desired parameters have been added.
How do I set up event tracking in Google Tag Manager?
How to track Google Analytics Events in Google Tag Manager
- Log into Google Tag Manager.
- Select “Tags” from the left-hand side.
- Create a new tag.
- Select Universal Analytics from Tag Type.
- Set your Google Analytics Tracking ID.
- Choose “Event” for the track type.
- Set your Event Category, Action, Label and Value as desired*
Where do I put Google Analytics tag?
The Google Analytics tag should be added near the top of thetag and before any other script or CSS tags, and add the property ID of the Google Analytics property you wish to work with. Tip: If you do not know your property ID, you can use the Account Explorer to find it.
Does Google Tag Manager include Google Analytics?
Google Tag Manager does not replace Google Analytics. Instead, it helps users to easily add Google Analytics tracking code (tag) to a website, deploy GA event code snippets and define rules when each code must fire.
How do I test Google Tag Manager tags?
How do I know if Google Tag Manager is working?
- Check the source code of the website by right-clicking on any of the web pages and selecting ‘View page source’ then find the GTM container code, if it is present that means Google Tag Manager is working.
- Use Google Tag manager’s preview and debug mode.
How do you check if Google tags are firing?
How to Check Google Tag Manager is Working
- Open Google Tag Manager and click Preview in the top right corner.
- Next navigate to your website. You may need refresh the browser. The debug console will open at the open of the browser window.
- Evaluate what tag are being fired on the page and which ones are not fired.
How do I use Google Tag Assistant?
Record and analyze a flow
- Go to a page that begins the journey to your site.
- Click the Google Tag Assistant icon.
- Click RECORD.
- Reload the starting page in order to begin recording with that page.
- Navigate through an important flow of pages and actions.
- Click the Google Tag Assistant icon again, then click STOP.
How do I get Google Analytics 4?
When you click GA4 Setup Assistant, you create a Google Analytics 4 property that collects data alongside your existing Universal Analytics property. Your Universal Analytics property is left unchanged and continues to collect data — you can always access it via the property selector or Admin screen.
How do I set up Google Analytics?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
How do I set up an event in Google Analytics?
How to Set Up Google Analytics Events in Google Tag Manager
- In the Tag Screen, Click New.
- Select a Google Analytics Tag and in the Track Type drop-down, select ‘Event’
- Choose your Category, Action, Label or Value.
- Choose whether the Non-Interaction is False or True.
What is Google Analytics event tag?
Google Tag Manager Events are user actions with web page elements (“DOM elements”) that are triggered by your browser and sent into the Tag Manager data layer so that they can be used to set up triggers. Set your Google Analytics Tracking ID. Choose “Event” for the track type.