How to Add Google Analytics to a Facebook Page Tab
- Step 1: Create a New Profile in Google Analytics. Assuming you already have a Google Analytics account, the first step is to add a new profile for the Facebook tab you want to track.
- Step 2: Add Tracking Code to FBML.
- Step 3: Check Your Stats.
How do I add Google Analytics to my Facebook page?
- Go to http://www.google.com/analytics/
- Once in your analytics backend, click “Add New Profile”
- Navigate in a new browser to the Facebook Fan Page tab that you want to install Google Analytics on.
- Copy and paste this code into the url entry box [pictured below]
How do I connect my Facebook business page to Google Analytics?
How to track Facebook ads in Google Analytics
- Step 1: Create a trackable link. The first step to tracking your Facebook activity in Google Analytics is to generate a URL parameter for your ads.
- Step 2: Create your Facebook ad.
- Step 3: Add trackable link to your Facebook ad.
- Step 4: Track performance in Google Analytics.
How do I get my Facebook data from Google Analytics?
Analyzing Facebook ads performance in Google Analytics Click on Acquisition, and then select All Traffic and Source/Medium. Then select Campaign from the Secondary dimension dropdown. From this view, you’ll be able to analyze the performance and behavior of your users acquired from Facebook ad campaigns.
Can Google Analytics work with Facebook?
Using free and opensource FBGAT (Facebook Google Analytics Tracker), you can get Google Analytics working on your Facebook fan page. Now you can track visitor statistics, traffic sources, visitor countries, and keyword searches with all the other powerful reporting of Google Analytics.
Can Google Analytics track Facebook?
One key advantage of tracking Facebook campaigns in Google Analytics is that you can drill into the site behavior of traffic from your Facebook ads, which you can’t do within Facebook. To do this, you’ll have to create a segment. You can read more about Google Analytics segments.
How do I see Facebook traffic in Google Analytics?
To start tracking Facebook ads in Google Analytics, login to your Google Analytics account. From the left side menu, navigate to Acquisition —> All Traffic —> Source/Medium. From Primary Dimension, navigate to the Other dropdown menu, and select the parameter you want to track from the Acquisition dimensions.
How does Google Analytics track social media campaigns?
Google Analytics currently allows you to view eight social analytics reports. These reports showcase the ROI and impact of your social media campaigns. To find them, you’ll simply want to go to the “Reporting” tab on your dashboard. From there, click on “Acquisitions” and then “Social.”
Does Google Analytics work on social media?
With relevant quantitative data, Google Analytics easily helps you identify which social media platforms drive the maximum, targeted traffic to your site. Also, it’s possible to find out how these social media users interact with your website.