The Google Analytics tag should be added near the top of the head tag and before any other script or CSS tags, and add the property ID of the Google Analytics property you wish to work with. Tip: If you do not know your property ID, you can use the Account Explorer to find it.
How do I use Google Analytics tags?
Set Up a Tag
- Create a new tag in the Google Tag Manager dashboard.
- Configure your tag.
- Choose a tag type.
- Link your tag to Google Analytics tracking.
- Choose a trigger to determine when the tag is recorded.
- Save your tag.
- Activate your tag by pressing “Submit.”
Where do I put Analytics tracking code in HTML?
Answer: Just before the closing tag of your website.
How do I see tags in Google Analytics?
Where can you find the data in Google Analytics? To see the events, how often they occur, and how many tags they send, you can use the Event reports in Google Analytics. To see details about the individual tags sent, use the Ecommerce reports.
Where is Google Tag Manager?
In Google Analytics go to Behavior > Events > Top Events > Offsite link. Now select either event action or label to get the full reports. The data that we set up in Google Tag Manager is now appearing in the Analytics reports.
How do I find the Google Analytics code on my website?
- Load a web page in the Chrome browser.
- Right-click the page, then click View page source.
- You should see a lot of code. Search the page for gtag. js or analytics. js (for Universal Analytics) or ga. js (for Classic Analytics).
How do I put Google Analytics on my website?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
Where is my Google Analytics ID?
To retrieve your Google Analytics UID, sign in to your Google Analytics account. Click on the “Admin” tab at the top and make sure the correct “Account” and “Property” are selected. Then click on “Tracking Info” and select “Tracking Code”. You should see your “Tracking ID”, copy that value down.
What are Google Analytics tags?
What is Google Tag Assistant?
Google Tag Assistant (Legacy) is a free Chrome extension that helps you make sure your Google tags such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Adwords Conversion Tracking, and more are working correctly. Using Tag Assistant, you can make changes to your tags and instantly verify that they are firing as intended.
How do I log into Google Tag Manager?
Login to Google Tag Manager To add a user to your Google Tag Manager account, go to tagmanager.google.com, click the blue Start for free button, and sign-in to the proper email account.