Step 2 | Add your Google Analytics property to your Wix site
- Go to Marketing Integrations on your site’s dashboard.
- Click Connect under Google Analytics.
- Click Connect Google Analytics at the top right.
- Paste your Google Analytics 4 Measurement ID or Universal Analytics Tracking ID in the pop-up.
Where do I put Google Analytics code in Wix?
Here’s how to use Google Analytics on your Wix website:
- Create a Google Analytics account.
- Fill in your site’s information and get a tracking ID.
- Click the Admin button at the bottom of the page and select Tracking Info.
- Click Tracking Code and copy your Tracking ID.
- Go to Marketing Integrations in your Wix account.
Where do I paste Google Analytics tracking code?
According to Google: “The code should be added near the top of the <head> tag and before any other script or CSS tags, and the string ‘UA-XXXXX-Y’ should be replaced with the property ID (also called the “tracking ID”) of the Google Analytics property you wish to track.”
How do you paste a tracking code on Wix?
- Go to Settings in your site’s dashboard.
- Click the Custom Code tab in the Advanced section.
- Click + Add Custom Code at the top right.
- Paste the code snippet in the text box.
- Enter a name for your code.
- Select an option under Add Code to Pages:
- Choose where to place your code under Place Code in:.
- Click Apply.
How do I add Google Analytics to my website script?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
Does Wix support Google Analytics?
It is not possible to use Google Analytics with a free Wix site. This is because Google Analytics requires that you have your own URL (e.g. www.mystunningwebsite.com). This service is therefore only available to users who have upgraded their site to a Premium Plan that includes connecting a domain.
Where do I find my Google Analytics ID?
Find your Tracking ID and global site tag
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
Does Google Analytics have an API?
Introduction. The Google Analytics Reporting API v4 provides programmatic methods to access report data in Google Analytics (Universal Analytics properties only). With the Google Analytics Reporting API, you can: Integrate your Google Analytics data with other business applications.
Do I need to put Google Analytics code on every page?
You do need to put Google Analytics on every page that you are interested in tracking. Depending on what website builder you are using, it is done automatically for you.
What is the difference between Google Analytics and Google Analytics 4?
Analytics creates a single user journey from all the data that is associated with the same user ID. Unlike Universal Analytics, a Google Analytics 4 property incorporates User ID natively across all reporting, analysis and insights and does not require a separate User-ID reporting view.
Can you edit code in Wix?
You add and edit your code in our integrated development environment (IDE) available directly in the Wix Editor when you enable Velo. This IDE provides syntax checking and basic code analysis for your code.
How do I add Google Tag Manager to Wix?
Step 2 | Add the code to your Wix site
- Go to Marketing Integrations in your site’s dashboard.
- Go to Google Tag Manager and click Connect.
- At the top right click Connect Google Tag Manager.
- Enter your Google Tag Manager container ID.
- Click Save.
How do I add Google Analytics code to HTML?
Set Up Google Analytics
- Sign in or create a Google Analytics account.
- In the left bottom of the sidebar, click Admin.
- On the right side of the screen, select the account you would like to use or create a new account by clicking the + Create Account button.
- Click the + Create Property button.
- Select Website.
How does Google Analytics code work?