Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Appearance » Theme Editor. Now click the Theme Header (header. php) file on the right-hand side below the Theme Files section. Paste the tracking code you just copied from your Analytics profile before the closing tag.
Does Google Analytics work with WordPress?
Adding Google Analytics to a WordPress.com site or blog is available as a feature of the WordPress. com Premium, Business, and eCommerce plans. Visit My Sites → Tools → Marketing → Traffic to enable Google Analytics.
Is Google Analytics dashboard for WP free?
The Enhanced Ecommerce Google Analytics plugin is a free WordPress plugin that’s great for WooCommerce.
How do I add Google Analytics to a WordPress plugin?
To create this plugin, you’ll follow five steps:
- Check your active theme’s header. php file to ensure it includes the wp_head hook.
- Create a new file in your plugins folder.
- Get your analytics tracking code from the Google Analytics site.
- Add some code including the tracking code to your plugin.
- Activate the plugin.
How do I set up Google Analytics on my website?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
How do I enable Google Analytics for my website?
Add Analytics tracking
- On a computer, open a classic Google Sites.
- Click Settings. Manage site.
- Under “Statistics,” click the Down arrow. Use Universal Analytics.
- In the text box, under “Analytics Web Property ID,” enter a valid Analytics Property ID.
- At the top, click Save.
Which WordPress plugin is best for Google Analytics?
Best Google Analytics WordPress Plugins
- MonsterInsights. MonsterInsights is the most popular Google Analytics plugin for WordPress.
- Enhanced Ecommerce Google Analytics Plugin.
- Google Analytics by 10Web.
- GA Google Analytics.
- WP Statistics.
- WP Google Analytics Events.
Is ExactMetrics the same as Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is an analytical service by Google, which helps you see how visitors behave on your website. While ExactMetrics is a powerful WordPress plugin that helps you connect Google Analytics with your site without any coding.
How do I get my Google Analytics code?
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
How do I add Google Analytics to my HTML website?
Set Up Google Analytics
- Sign in or create a Google Analytics account.
- In the left bottom of the sidebar, click Admin.
- On the right side of the screen, select the account you would like to use or create a new account by clicking the + Create Account button.
- Click the + Create Property button.
- Select Website.
Do you have to pay for Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is what they call a “freemium” service, meaning that small businesses can use the service without paying a monthly charge, but if you want more advanced features or the ability to do more with the service, there is a recurring fee.