Here’s how to set up call tracking in Google Analytics.
- First, you must have call extensions and call reporting set up in your Google Ads account.
- Create your phone call conversion actions in Google Ads.
- Set your call length.
- Set up your conversion tracking tag.
- Check your code and start tracking calls!
Can you track phone calls in Google Analytics?
Google Analytics cannot track phone calls on its own. It also cannot provide detailed reports on phone call data. However, in Google Ads, you can track phone calls and other call details (like call duration, call start time, call end time, etc) by using the Google forwarding phone numbers.
How can I track a Google phone call?
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click the tools icon.
- Under “Measurement,” click Conversions.
- Click the plus button.
- Click Phone calls.
- Select Calls from ads using call extensions or call-only ads, then click Continue.
How can I track a phone call conversion?
There are four ways to track phone call conversions:
- Calls from ads: Track calls made directly from call-only ads or call and location extensions used in your ads.
- Calls to a phone number on your website: Track calls made when someone clicks on your ad, then calls the forwarding number we display on your website.
How can I track a GMB call?
The right way to track calls from GMB Go into your Google My Business dashboard, and click on the ‘Info’ tab to update your contact information. Add your call tracking number to the ‘Primary Phone’ field. Enter your main business line in the ‘Additional Phone’ Field. And you’re set to start tracking!
How do you track phone number clicks touches in Google Analytics?
First, select Track Type as Event and then enter the following details:
- Give a name under Category for your tag (like Telephone)
- Choose Click URL for Action.
- Select Page Path for Label.
- Keep Value field empty.
- Select False for Non-interaction Hit.
- Select your Google Analytics Settings.
What is call tracking analytics?
Call analytics is a technology that uses AI to capture data from inbound phone calls. This includes call tracking data — such as the caller’s name, phone number, and the marketing source that drove the call.
How do I set up tracking with Google Tag Manager?
How to Set Up Call Tracking with Google Tag Manager
- Create a new tag. First, open up your Google Tag Manager account and click into the dashboard view of the site you’re working on.
- Configure the tag type.
- Set up the tag trigger.
- Save and publish tag.
How can I track a phone for free?
To get real-time results, IMEI & GPS call trackers can be used to track the location of a phone call. Apps like GPS Phone & Locate Any Phone are great with tracking mobile phones, even when the phone is not connected to the internet. You can know the GPS coordinates of a phone number within seconds.
What is Google ads call tracking?
Use conversion tracking to help you see how effectively your call ads and ads with call or location extensions lead to phone calls. This kind of conversion tracking tracks a call as a conversion when it lasts longer than a minimum length that you set.
Can I track my wife’s phone without her knowing?
As for Android phones, you are required to install a 2MB lightweight Spyic app. However, the app runs in the background using stealth mode technology without being detected. There is no need to root your wife’s phone, as well. Spyic remotely gets every single bit of data that you need from your companion’s gadget.
How does call tracking work?
Call tracking works by assigning a local or 800 number to a business phone line so that when the ‘new’ number is called, it forwards the call to the business line. The assigned number is tied to technology that has the ability to track: Caller information (phone, location, name) Call details (date/time, duration)