Google Analytics’ tracking code (or ID) is a unique identifier that allows Google Analytics to collect data when inserted into a website. This data includes the time users spend on a webpage, search terms used, and how they came to the site. The tracking code is the mechanism by which Google Analytics compiles data.
How do I find the Google Analytics code on my website?
- Load a web page in the Chrome browser.
- Right-click the page, then click View page source.
- You should see a lot of code. Search the page for gtag. js or analytics. js (for Universal Analytics) or ga. js (for Classic Analytics).
What does Google Analytics tracking code look like?
The tracking ID is a string like UA-000000-2. It must be included in your tracking code to tell Analytics which account and property to send data to.
Where do I find my Google Analytics code 2021?
Find your Tracking ID and global site tag
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
Is Property ID the same as tracking ID?
Google Analytics Tracking ID (aka Property ID) is the unique identifier of a GA property. It allows Analytics and other apps to distinguish your property from other properties.
How can I tell who has access to my Google Analytics?
Sign in to Google Analytics.. Click Admin, and navigate to the desired account/property/view. In the Account, Property, or View column, click Access Management. Use the search box at the top of the list to find the user group you want.
Do I need to put Google Analytics code on every page?
You do need to put Google Analytics on every page that you are interested in tracking. Depending on what website builder you are using, it is done automatically for you.
How does Google Analytics code work?
How do I add Google Analytics code?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
Do you have to pay for Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is what they call a “freemium” service, meaning that small businesses can use the service without paying a monthly charge, but if you want more advanced features or the ability to do more with the service, there is a recurring fee.
How do I set up Google Analytics for scratch?
How to set up Google Analytics in 5 simple steps
- Step 1: Set up Google Tag Manager.
- Step 2: Create Google Analytics account.
- Step 3: Set up analytics tag with Google Tag Manager.
- Step 4: Set up goals.
- Step 5: Link to Google Search Console.
What is Google Analytics property?
In Google Analytics, a property is a website, mobile application, or blog, etc., that is associated with a unique tracking ID. A Google Analytics account can contain one or more properties.
How do I access Google Analytics?
You can sign in to your Analytics account from http://www.google.com/analytics. Click Sign in (at top right), and select Analytics. If you are already signed in to Google (e.g. you are signed in to your Gmail account), you’ll be taken directly to the Analytics user interface.
How do I find my Google Analytics view ID?
You find the view id when you go to the admin section and look at the outer right column (which is labelled “views”). Select the view you want to query from the dropdown and go to “view settings”, there you find the id.