When you see keyword not provided in Google Analytics, then it simply means Google doesn’t want to share the data with you. So, if anyone lands on your website by performing a Google search, Google Analytics recognizes the visitor under the organic medium but won’t show you the search term they used.
How do you unlock not provided keywords in Google Analytics?
How to unlock (not provided) keywords using Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Go to Google Analytics > Acquisition > All Traffic > Channels > Organic Search.
- Next, click on the “not provided” and add a secondary dimension to the report for Landing Pages.
How do I find search terms in Google Analytics?
Go to the Search Console tab at the top of the report. From there, you’ll see the top 50 search terms for your website. As you can see in the screenshot above, you’ll see the number of clicks, impressions, click-through-rate, and average position for each of the keywords.
How do I add keywords to Google Analytics?
Click Admin, and navigate to the view in which you want to set up Site Search. In the View column, click View Settings. Under Site Search Settings, set Site Search Tracking to ON. In the Query Parameter field, enter the word or words that designate internal query parameters, such as term,search,query,keywords.
Can you track keywords in Google Analytics?
Many people often ask us, can we see organic keywords in Google Analytics? Keywords are different search terms your site ranks on search engines like Google. And using Google Analytics, you can track them and see where each search query is ranking, their conversions, impressions, and click-through-rate (CTR).
What does not provided mean on Google Analytics?
Quite simply, it means Google is choosing not to share the key word data with you. The searcher did use a key phrase, obviously, but Google is not providing you with the information. It is all being done in interest of protecting the privacy of the searcher.
What does keyword not set mean in Google Analytics?
If (not set) appears in your Google Ads reports, it means that the website or app you’re tracking in the Analytics account is receiving traffic from a Google Ads account that is not linked to the reporting view. The gclid parameter is altered or dropped from the ad (See: CPC Data Not Collected)
How do I see keyword rankings in Google Analytics?
The first step to get your rankings data in Analytics is to link your account to Google Webmaster Tools (for instructions, read this). Then go to Acquisition > Search Console > Queries to view all the keywords that your website is ranking for.
How do I enable Search console in Google Analytics?
Enable the Search Console Data Import in Google Analytics
- Go to your Google Analytics account.
- Go to Acquisition (left sidebar) > Search Console.
- Click the Set up Search Console data sharing button.
- Choose your Search Console account.
How do I find top keywords in Google Analytics?
To view the Top Keywords report, go to your Dashboard and on the left menu click Traffic Sources; then click Keywords. Top Keywords report in Google Analytics.
How do you do keyword research in Google Analytics?
Use Google Analytics to find your best keywords
- Log into your Google Analytics Account.
- Click on the “Traffic Sources” tab on the left hand side.
- Click on the “Keywords” tab underneath “Traffic Sources”.
- Select a date range in the top right-hand corner that is at least 3-4 months long.
How do I find SEO keywords for my website?
To find ranking keywords for your site or a competitors site using Keyword Explorer, follow these steps:
- Type in your website URL into Keyword Explorer.
- Select the country where you audience is based.
- Click the Analyze button.
- You’ll see Top Ranking Keywords.
- Click Ranking Keywords on the left panel to view more keywords.
How do I find SEO keywords?
How to Research Keywords for Your SEO Strategy
- Step 1: Make a list of important, relevant topics based on what you know about your business.
- Step 2: Fill in those topic buckets with keywords.
- Step 3: Understand How Intent Affects Keyword Research and Analyze Accordingly.
- Step 4: Research related search terms.
How do I link keywords to my website?
The easiest way to optimize a website is to add keywords so that search engines quickly find out what your website is about. You add keywords to HTML pages by including the Meta Keywords tag inside the Head section of the code. You then insert a list of keywords relevant to your business in the Meta tag.