You will insert the code snippet between the head and the /head tags whether or not your website is built with PHP or HTML. If your website is built with PHP and you are dynamically building the headers with a separate file, you will need to insert the code into that file.
How do I add Google Analytics code?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
How do I add Google Analytics code to cPanel?
How to Install the Google Analytics Code Into Your Website
- 2) Sign into your cPanel account.
- 4) Go to your public_html folder.
- 5) Find and select the page that you wish to track.
- 6) With the file selected, click Edit.
- 7) Paste your Google Analytics code on the lines before
- 8 ) Click Save Changes.
How do I add Google Analytics code to my header?
Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Appearance » Theme Editor. Now click the Theme Header (header. php) file on the right-hand side below the Theme Files section. Paste the tracking code you just copied from your Analytics profile before the closing tag.
How do I add Google Analytics to my website script?
The Google Analytics tag should be added near the top of thetag and before any other script or CSS tags, and add the property ID of the Google Analytics property you wish to work with.
How do I add Google tracking code to my website?
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
How do I find the Google Analytics code on my website?
- Load a web page in the Chrome browser.
- Right-click the page, then click View page source.
- You should see a lot of code. Search the page for gtag. js or analytics. js (for Universal Analytics) or ga. js (for Classic Analytics).
Where do I put Google Analytics code in PHP?
Login to you Google Analytics account and navigate to “Admin” section. Analytics has three component for each site – Account –> Property –> View. Select the “Account” and then “Property” you wanted to implement PHP tag. Click on the “Tracking Code” option under “Tracking Info” section.
Should Google Analytics code go in header or footer?
Want to know where should you put your Google Analytics code? While it’s safe to put your code in the header or footer, Google recommends you to add your code to your WordPress header.
How do I put a tracking code on my website?
- 1Obtain your tracking code in your marketing automation tool.
- 2Locate your global footer in your content management system.
- 3When you have found your tracking code and located your global footer, copy and paste your tracking code into the footer.
How do I add GTAG to WordPress?
Apply the Google Tracking Code into the WordPress theme’s header
- Log into the WordPress Administrator.
- Click on Appearance and then click on Editor.
- A typical WordPress theme will have a Theme Header (header. php).
- Paste the Global Site Tag (gtag.
- Click on Update File in order to save the code changes.
How add Google Analytics to HTML?
Set Up Google Analytics
- Sign in or create a Google Analytics account.
- In the left bottom of the sidebar, click Admin.
- On the right side of the screen, select the account you would like to use or create a new account by clicking the + Create Account button.
- Click the + Create Property button.
- Select Website.
How does Google Analytics code work?