Add Google Analytics to Your Joomla Template
- Copy the Global Site Tag from the previous step.
- Go to the Administrator Dashboard of your Joomla site.
- From Extensions Templates Styles select the default template of your Joomla site.
- Select the Custom Code tab.
- Paste the Global Site Tag into the Before /body field.
How do I install a Google Analytics tag?
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
How do I add Google Analytics tag in HTML?
Set Up Google Analytics
- Sign in or create a Google Analytics account.
- In the left bottom of the sidebar, click Admin.
- On the right side of the screen, select the account you would like to use or create a new account by clicking the + Create Account button.
- Click the + Create Property button.
- Select Website.
How do I add Google Analytics tracking code to my website?
Select the appropriate Account and Property, then click ‘Tracking Info’ in the middle column labeled ‘Property’. Click ‘Tracking Code’ under ‘Tracking Info’ to access the website tracking code you’ll need to install on your website. On this page, you’ll see a box with multiple lines of code.
Where do Google Analytics tags go?
The Google Analytics tag should be added near the top of thetag and before any other script or CSS tags, and add the property ID of the Google Analytics property you wish to work with. Tip: If you do not know your property ID, you can use the Account Explorer to find it.
What are Google Analytics tags?
Does Google Tag Manager include Google Analytics?
Google Tag Manager does not replace Google Analytics. Instead, it helps users to easily add Google Analytics tracking code (tag) to a website, deploy GA event code snippets and define rules when each code must fire.
Do I need to put Google Analytics code on every page?
You do need to put Google Analytics on every page that you are interested in tracking. Depending on what website builder you are using, it is done automatically for you.
How do I put Google Analytics on my website?
Add Analytics tracking
- On a computer, open a classic Google Sites.
- Click Settings. Manage site.
- Under “Statistics,” click the Down arrow. Use Universal Analytics.
- In the text box, under “Analytics Web Property ID,” enter a valid Analytics Property ID.
- At the top, click Save.
How do I use Google Analytics tags?
To set up a new Universal Analytics tag:
- On the Workspace Overview screen, click New Tag.
- Click Tag Configuration and choose Universal Analytics.
- Select the desired Track Type.
- Select or create a new Google Analytics Settings Variable:
How do Google Analytics tags work?
Tag collects data the number of times there is action and sends it to Google Analytics.GA collects these data and forms stats, Showing User how the page is performing. Google Tag Manager and Google Analytics are completely different products, they just work well together.
How do I find my Google Analytics tags?
- Load a web page in the Chrome browser.
- Right-click the page, then click View page source.
- You should see a lot of code. Search the page for gtag. js or analytics. js (for Universal Analytics) or ga. js (for Classic Analytics).