Google Analytics UTM campaign parameters can be found in the Reports section under Acquisition Campaigns All campaigns. Just log into your Google Analytics platform and scroll down to your Acquisition Section.
How do I track my UTM tags?
Once you add the UTM code to your campaign’s URL, you can track the performance in Google Analytics in a few different reports.
- Create a custom report under “Customization” > “Custom Reports”.
- Go to Acquisition → Overview → All Traffic → Source/Medium to view traffic.
Why is my UTM not showing in Google Analytics?
If your UTM tags disappear after the page loads, they are not working properly. If they remain at the end of the URL, it’s very likely that this information is captured and sent to Google Analytics.
How do I track UTM links in Google Analytics 4?
How to add UTM-tags using Google URL Builder
- Fill out the fields with your URL as well as each of your UTM-tag parameters (source etc.). This will automatically create a URL containing all of your UTM-tags and variables.
- Copy this generated link and then paste it into your ads, banners, emails, or social media posts.
How do I track UTM links in Google Analytics?
To find your UTM data in Google Analytics, navigate to analytics.google.com » Acquisition » Campaigns » All Campaigns.
- Please note the different Primary Dimensions you can select to really dig into this data:
- The Primary Dimensions include Campaign, Source, Medium, and Source / Medium.
How do I get a UTM tracking code?
How to Build UTM Codes in HubSpot
- Navigate to your Analytics Tools.
- Open the Tracking URL Builder.
- Open the Tracking URL form to create a new UTM code.
- Fill in each attribute of your UTM code and click “Create.”
- Use the shortened link in your marketing campaign.
- Measure your success.
How do I know if UTM is working?
To test your UTM parameters, enter the tagged URL into your browser and see what happens.
- During HTTP to HTTPS redirect, UTM parameters are not passed in this case.
- It’s not a good idea to use “cpc” as a medium by default when tagging social media campaigns.
How do I fix UTM?
The first step to keeping your UTM tags consistent is to have a hierarchy defined and widely-used amongst your marketing team, agencies and vendors. This keeps everyone on the same page and prevents lots of unfair apples-to-oranges comparisons when reviewing your marketing analytics.
Should I use Google Analytics 4?
However, we highly recommend that you upgrade to Google Analytics 4. As mentioned above GA4 provides a much better data model than the current version of Google Analytics. You don’t have to use GA4 for your reporting and analysis right away but it will give you an option to try out new things.
How do I add UTM parameters to Google ads?
How to enable UTM tracking in your Google Ads campaigns. Click the Campaigns tab and select the campaign you want to track. Click Settings — Additional settings (in the bottom) — Campaign URL options. Click Save.
What are UTM parameters in Google Analytics?
What Is A UTM Parameter? UTM parameters (sometimes called UTM codes) are specific text strings that you can append to URLs that allow you track those URLs when they get clicked on. UTM parameters make Google Analytics pick up on the data in the code and log it with the pageview.
What are the 5 UTM parameters?
The five types of UTM parameters
- utm_source. This tag identifies the source of your traffic (Facebook, search engine, newsletter, Linkedin, etc.).
- utm_medium. This UTM code specifies the medium, like cpc or newsletter, for example.
How do I track a source in Google Analytics?
To check traffic sources on specific pages:
- Log into Google Analytics.
- Click ‘Behaviour -> Overview’.
- Click the page you want to analyze.
- Click the Secondary dimension drop down menu.
- Within the drop down menu, click Acquisition -> Source (or medium, depending if you want to see general or specific traffic sources).
What is a UTM tracking code?
Urchin Tracking Module (UTM) codes are snippets of code — attached to the end of a URL — used to measure the effectiveness of digital marketing campaigns. They are also used to pinpoint specific sources of traffic to your website. UTM codes, at a minimum, include a traffic source, a medium, and a campaign name.
How does UTM link work?
“UTM parameters are simply tags that you add to a URL. When someone clicks on a URL with UTM parameters, those tags are sent back to your Google Analytics for tracking.”