According to Google: “The code should be added near the top of the head tag and before any other script or CSS tags, and the string ‘UA-XXXXX-Y’ should be replaced with the property ID (also called the “tracking ID”) of the Google Analytics property you wish to track.”
Where do you install the Analytics tracking code?
Access Your Google Analytics Tracking Code Select the appropriate Account and Property, then click ‘Tracking Info’ in the middle column labeled ‘Property’. Click ‘Tracking Code’ under ‘Tracking Info ‘ to access the website tracking code you’ll need to install on your website.
When you should add Analytics tracking code to your site?
You should add Analytics tracking code to your site after implementation planning
- At the beginning of your fiscal year only.
- Before documenting business objective.
- After implementation planning.
- During measurement planning.
How do I put a tracking code on my website?
- 1Obtain your tracking code in your marketing automation tool.
- 2Locate your global footer in your content management system.
- 3When you have found your tracking code and located your global footer, copy and paste your tracking code into the footer.
How do I add Google Analytics code?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
Where do I put the Google tracking code in WordPress?
Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Appearance » Theme Editor. Now click the Theme Header (header. php) file on the right-hand side below the Theme Files section. Paste the tracking code you just copied from your Analytics profile before the closing </head> tag.
Where do I find my Google Analytics 2021 tracking ID?
Find your Tracking ID and global site tag
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
Is Property ID the same as tracking ID?
Google Analytics Tracking ID (aka Property ID) is the unique identifier of a GA property. It allows Analytics and other apps to distinguish your property from other properties.
Can I use Google Analytics for any website?
Will Google Analytics work on any website? Google Analytics will work on any website as long as you install the code snippet on it. Whether your website is an old and crusty one from 2010, or whether you make it yourself using one of the most popular and new website builders.
How do I find the Google Analytics code on my website?
- Load a web page in the Chrome browser.
- Right-click the page, then click View page source.
- You should see a lot of code. Search the page for gtag. js or analytics. js (for Universal Analytics) or ga. js (for Classic Analytics).
Do I need to put Google Analytics code on every page?
You do need to put Google Analytics on every page that you are interested in tracking. Depending on what website builder you are using, it is done automatically for you.
Where should the Analytics tracking code be placed in the HTML of a webpage for data collection?
The Analytics tracking code should be placed Just before the closing </head> tag of your website in the HTML of a webpage for data collection.