Once your child theme is active, you’ll need to paste your Google Analytics Tracking Code right before the closing /head tag in your header.
Where do I paste Google Analytics tag?
According to Google: “The code should be added near the top of thetag and before any other script or CSS tags, and the string ‘UA-XXXXX-Y’ should be replaced with the property ID (also called the “tracking ID”) of the Google Analytics property you wish to track.”
Where do I paste Google Analytics code in WordPress?
Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Appearance » Theme Editor. Now click the Theme Header (header. php) file on the right-hand side below the Theme Files section. Paste the tracking code you just copied from your Analytics profile before the closing tag.
Where should you paste your Google Analytics tracking code during the manual installation process?
Google’s official recommendation for adding the Google Analytic tracking code is place the tracking code in the HEADER SECTION () of the website.
How do I add Google Analytics global tag to WordPress?
Apply the Google Tracking Code into the WordPress theme’s header
- Log into the WordPress Administrator.
- Click on Appearance and then click on Editor.
- A typical WordPress theme will have a Theme Header (header. php).
- Paste the Global Site Tag (gtag.
- Click on Update File in order to save the code changes.
Where should Analytics code be placed?
The Analytics tracking code should be placed Just before the closing tag of your website in the HTML of a webpage for data collection.
Where is my Google Analytics ID?
To retrieve your Google Analytics UID, sign in to your Google Analytics account. Click on the “Admin” tab at the top and make sure the correct “Account” and “Property” are selected. Then click on “Tracking Info” and select “Tracking Code”. You should see your “Tracking ID”, copy that value down.
How do I add Google Analytics code?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
How do I find the Google Analytics code on my website?
- Load a web page in the Chrome browser.
- Right-click the page, then click View page source.
- You should see a lot of code. Search the page for gtag. js or analytics. js (for Universal Analytics) or ga. js (for Classic Analytics).
How do I add Google Analytics code to HTML?
Set Up Google Analytics
- Sign in or create a Google Analytics account.
- In the left bottom of the sidebar, click Admin.
- On the right side of the screen, select the account you would like to use or create a new account by clicking the + Create Account button.
- Click the + Create Property button.
- Select Website.
What are Google Analytics tags?
Do I need to put Google Analytics code on every page?
You do need to put Google Analytics on every page that you are interested in tracking. Depending on what website builder you are using, it is done automatically for you.
Where do I paste a global website tag?
The global site tag snippet should be placed on all pages of your website, in thesection of your HTML pages.
Where do I put global tags in WordPress?
- Go to the Add New plugins screen in your WordPress Dashboard.
- Click the upload tab.
- Browse for the plugin file (global-site-tag-tracking.zip) on your computer.
- Click “Install Now” and then hit the activate button.