Step 2 | Add your Google Analytics property to your Wix site
- Go to Marketing Integrations on your site’s dashboard.
- Click Connect under Google Analytics.
- Click Connect Google Analytics at the top right.
- Paste your Google Analytics 4 Measurement ID or Universal Analytics Tracking ID in the pop-up.
Can I use Google Analytics on Wix website?
It is not possible to use Google Analytics with a free Wix site. This is because Google Analytics requires that you have your own URL (e.g. www.mystunningwebsite.com). This service is therefore only available to users who have upgraded their site to a Premium Plan that includes connecting a domain.
How do I add Google Analytics to my existing website?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
How do I make sure Google Analytics is working Wix?
Troubleshooting Google Analytics
- Step 1 | Make sure your domain is connected to Wix correctly.
- Step 2 | Make sure the property ID is correctly formatted.
- Step 3 | Make sure you haven’t added the HTML element.
- Step 4 | Make sure you haven’t added Google Analytics multiple times.
- Step 5 | Check your Real-Time report.
How do I add a tracking code to my Wix website?
- Go to Settings in your site’s dashboard.
- Click the Custom Code tab in the Advanced section.
- Click + Add Custom Code at the top right.
- Paste the code snippet in the text box.
- Enter a name for your code.
- Select an option under Add Code to Pages:
- Choose where to place your code under Place Code in:.
- Click Apply.
How do I anonymize my IP in Google Analytics?
To anonymize IP addresses in GTM, you need to adjust your Google Analytics Settings variable. Or you can do this directly in your Universal Analytics tag. In the GA settings variable, change your Fields to Set to “anonymizeIp,” and set your value to “true.” Note that this is the syntax for Universal Analytics.
Can I use Google Analytics for any website?
Will Google Analytics work on any website? Google Analytics will work on any website as long as you install the code snippet on it. Whether your website is an old and crusty one from 2010, or whether you make it yourself using one of the most popular and new website builders.
How do I find the Google Analytics code on my website?
- Load a web page in the Chrome browser.
- Right-click the page, then click View page source.
- You should see a lot of code. Search the page for gtag. js or analytics. js (for Universal Analytics) or ga. js (for Classic Analytics).
How do I add Google Analytics to my HTML website?
Set Up Google Analytics
- Sign in or create a Google Analytics account.
- In the left bottom of the sidebar, click Admin.
- On the right side of the screen, select the account you would like to use or create a new account by clicking the + Create Account button.
- Click the + Create Property button.
- Select Website.
Do you have to pay for Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is what they call a “freemium” service, meaning that small businesses can use the service without paying a monthly charge, but if you want more advanced features or the ability to do more with the service, there is a recurring fee.
What is the difference between Google Analytics and Google Analytics 4?
Analytics creates a single user journey from all the data that is associated with the same user ID. Unlike Universal Analytics, a Google Analytics 4 property incorporates User ID natively across all reporting, analysis and insights and does not require a separate User-ID reporting view.
Should I use Google Analytics 4?
However, we highly recommend that you upgrade to Google Analytics 4. As mentioned above GA4 provides a much better data model than the current version of Google Analytics. You don’t have to use GA4 for your reporting and analysis right away but it will give you an option to try out new things.