Where is the Google Analytics Code and Tracking ID?
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account.
- Click ‘Admin. ‘
- Next, click on the ‘Tracking info’ and from the drop-down menu. Select ‘Tracking code. ‘
- Here, you can find the Tracking ID and Tracking code. Copy this code and paste it into the header of your site.
How do I find the Analytics code for a website?
- Load a web page in the Chrome browser.
- Right-click the page, then click View page source.
- You should see a lot of code. Search the page for gtag. js or analytics. js (for Universal Analytics) or ga. js (for Classic Analytics).
Where is my Google Analytics ID?
To retrieve your Google Analytics UID, sign in to your Google Analytics account. Click on the “Admin” tab at the top and make sure the correct “Account” and “Property” are selected. Then click on “Tracking Info” and select “Tracking Code”. You should see your “Tracking ID”, copy that value down.
Is Property ID the same as tracking ID?
Google Analytics Tracking ID (aka Property ID) is the unique identifier of a GA property. It allows Analytics and other apps to distinguish your property from other properties.
How do I find my tracking code?
Find your Tracking ID and global site tag
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
How do I add Google Analytics code?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
How do I access Google Analytics?
You can sign in to your Analytics account from http://www.google.com/analytics. Click Sign in (at top right), and select Analytics. If you are already signed in to Google (e.g. you are signed in to your Gmail account), you’ll be taken directly to the Analytics user interface.
How do I add Google Analytics code to HTML?
Set Up Google Analytics
- Sign in or create a Google Analytics account.
- In the left bottom of the sidebar, click Admin.
- On the right side of the screen, select the account you would like to use or create a new account by clicking the + Create Account button.
- Click the + Create Property button.
- Select Website.
What is a Google Analytics property?
In Google Analytics, a property is a website, mobile application, or blog, etc., that is associated with a unique tracking ID. A Google Analytics account can contain one or more properties.
What is Universal Analytics property?
Universal Analytics is a version of Google Analytics that set a new standard for how user data is collected and organized. Introduced in the fall of 2012, Universal Analytics offers new tracking codes for websites and features that can more accurately measure user behavior (1).
Do you have to pay for Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is what they call a “freemium” service, meaning that small businesses can use the service without paying a monthly charge, but if you want more advanced features or the ability to do more with the service, there is a recurring fee.
What does a Google Analytics tracking code look like?
The tracking ID is a string like UA-000000-2. It must be included in your tracking code to tell Analytics which account and property to send data to.
Do I need to put Google Analytics code on every page?
You do need to put Google Analytics on every page that you are interested in tracking. Depending on what website builder you are using, it is done automatically for you.
What is my Google Analytics account number?
The ID can be found in the Admin section of Analytics, or by searching for UA- in the source code of your web page or app. For a property ID UA-10876-1: 10876 is the account number.