YouTube analytics basics
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left menu, select Content.
- Point to your video and select Analytics. You can also view your latest video performance from the channel dashboard. Click a video title or thumbnail.
How do I improve YouTube analytics?
Here are 10 powerful YouTube metrics you can use to improve your videos and grow your channel.
- Understand the Importance of Watch Time.
- Examine Your Audience Retention.
- Keep an Eye on Your Real-Time Report.
- Explore Your Audience Demographics.
- Identify Your Traffic Sources.
- See How Impressions Relate to Watchtime.
What are good analytics on YouTube?
YouTube Analytics: The 15 Metrics That Actually Matter
- Watch Time. Watch time is the total amount of minutes viewers have spent watching your videos.
- Average Percentage Viewed.
- Average View Duration.
- Audience Retention.
- Impressions Click-Through Rate.
- Card Click-Through-Rate.
Is YouTube Analytics accurate?
And since YouTube is part of Google’s web monarchy, you can make sure that your channel and YouTube analytics metrics are accurate. The YouTube analytics tool is based on data collection. Content creators can use this data to monitor successes, failures, things they do well, as well as things they could better avoid.
Are my own views counted on YouTube?
Do your own views count on YouTube? Yes, your own views count if you play your own YouTube video — but only if you do it once or twice, not if you constantly refresh the page.
How Do I Get More YouTube Views?
Get Views from YouTube’s Organic Search Results
- Use Descriptive and Keyword Rich Titles.
- Have Quality and Keyword Rich Descriptions.
- Use Tags.
- Optimize Your Thumbnail Image.
- Create Transcripts of Your Videos.
- Provide Content that Educates or Entertains or Both.
- Piggyback off of Viral Trends.
- Use Guest YouTubers.
What is the average views of a YouTube video?
Education: Average YouTube Views per Video = 4,872 There’s literally nothing you can’t learn via the medium of YouTube if you research hard enough.
How do I see average views on YouTube?
In the search bar, type “youtube.com” to see the total number of sessions driven from YouTube. You can also view the average session duration and bounce rate (the percentage of your visitors who exited your site after a single-page session).
Is Social Blade accurate?
HuffPost wrote that “Social Blade estimates earnings for each YouTube channel based on the money generated for every thousand ad views. These estimates aren’t exact. Instead, they create a minimum and maximum amount that a channel could be earning; in some cases, the range can be huge.
Why is my average view duration so low?
The amount of time a viewer spends watching a video reveals his or her level of engagement with that video. If a viewer isn’t interested in a video, it’s unlikely he or she will watch it until completion. Instead, the viewer will abandon the video, resulting in a lower average view duration.
How do I see unique views on YouTube?
To access the feature, visit the YouTube Insights page for the video in question and click ‘Show Unique Users’ under the ‘Views’ tab. A yellow line depicting unique views will appear alongside the standard green line showing absolute views, allowing you to easily gauge how many repeat hits you have.
What is a good average percentage viewed?
You can also click into individual videos and see the Average Percentage Viewed by your audience. Anywhere above 60% is a really good Average Percentage Viewed.
How do you get 1k views on YouTube?
How to Get More Views on YouTube
- Create Compelling Content.
- Encourage Viewers to Subscribe.
- Create Playlists to Keep People Watching.
- Promote Other Videos with End Screens and Cards.
- Add a Watermark to Your Videos.
- Make Sure Your Videos Are Embedding Enabled.
- Promote Your Videos on Other Social Channels.
Can I watch my own YouTube video to get 4000 watch hours?
Can you watch your own YouTube videos for getting 4000 watch hours? No, don’t do it.
Does rewatching a video count as watch hours?
Now that you know YouTube’s view criteria, time to answer the main question, if you rewatch a YouTube video, does it count as a view? The answer is yes, provided the video is being played for the duration of 30 seconds or more.