Create your Dashboard
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Navigate to your view.
- Open Reports.
- Click CUSTOMIZATION > Dashboards.
- Click Create.
- In the Create Dashboard dialog, select either Blank Canvas (no widgets) or Starter Dashboard (default set of widgets).
How do I see dimensions in Google Analytics?
First you’ll need to log in to your Google Analytics account, and select the website you’d like to find your Custom Dimension reports in. Then, click the Customization / Customisation tab in the left panel. You can now click the + New Custom Report button.
How do I add dimensions in Google Analytics?
Set up custom dimensions
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Click Admin, and navigate to the property to which you want to add custom dimensions.
- In the PROPERTY column, click Custom Definitions > Custom Dimensions.
- Click New Custom Dimension.
- Add a Name.
- Select the Scope.
How do I create a blog dashboard in Google Analytics?
To create a custom Blog Users Segment, follow these nine steps:
- Click on the light grey Add Segment text in the top middle of your dashboard.
- Click the red New Segment button.
- Select Conditions from the left-side list of options.
- Name your Segment and create a filter.
- Name your segment Blog Users Segment.
- Choose Users.
What is the difference between dimensions and metrics in Google Analytics?
The dimension Page indicates the URL of a page that is viewed. Metrics are quantitative measurements. The tables in most Analytics reports organize dimension values into rows, and metrics into columns. For example, this table shows one dimension (City) and two metrics (Sessions and Pages/Session).
What is an example of dimension in Google Analytics?
Browser, Exit Page, Screens, and Session Duration are all examples of dimensions that appear by default in Analytics. Dimensions appear in all of your reports, though you might see different ones depending on the specific report. Use them to help organize, segment, and analyze your data.
How do I set primary dimensions in Google Analytics?
Primary dimensions you can choose for a data table. To change the primary dimension for a data table: Find the list of primary dimensions above the data table. Click the primary dimension you want to apply to the table.
How do you create a metric system?
It can be created using a multitude of means, including:
- Counting the number of times something happens.
- Dividing one metric into another.
- Subtracting one metric from another then dividing it into another number to express a metric as a percentage.
- Amalgamating various data points into a table to provide added context.
What is a Google Analytics dimension?
What is a dimension in Google Analytics? A dimension is the attribute of visitors to your website. They all visited your website via Google organic search (which is reported as google/organic in Google Analytics). As a result, ‘google / organic’ is one of the attributes of your 27,379 website visitors.
How do I create an analytics dashboard?
Here, we’ll go over these analytic dashboard design guidelines to ensure you don’t miss out on any vital steps.
- Consider your audience.
- Determine your goals.
- Choose relevant KPIs.
- Tell a story with your data.
- Provide context.
- Don’t try to place all the information on the same page.
- Select the right type of dashboard.
How do I import dashboards into Google Analytics?
Just follow the steps below:
- Log into your Google Analytics account, select the property which was used for connecting catalog statistics and the view where you want to see this dashboard.
- Go to Customization -> Dashboards -> Create.
- Write a name (Flipsnack Analytics Dashboard, for example) and click Import form gallery.
What is a GA dashboard?
Google Analytics Dashboards are simply collections of widgets that allow you to quickly visualize your data. You can have up to 20 dashboards with 12 widgets in each for each view / property in your Google Analytics account. Each view / property includes a default dashboard to get you started.
What are the five sections of the Google Analytics dashboard?
5 Insightful Google Analytics Dashboards
- Basic Dashboard.
- Conversion Tracking Dashboard.
- Event Tracking Dashboard.
- Traffic Overview Dashboard.
- Visitors Behavior Dashboard.
What makes good analytics dashboard?
A good BI dashboard design is one that: Makes the complex simple: we have lots of information, lots of data that changes all the time and different analytical needs and questions. Tells a clear story: we want to be able to connect data to its context in the business and to answer the viewer’s questions.