Analytics. The outlink report shows links that are on your website and direct visitors to external websites. Outlink data helps you learn where people click out from your site — be it your Facebook, LinkedIn, or Instagram page, documentation on GitHub, or your website that you track separately.
What is an Outlink?
Noun. outlink (plural outlinks) (Internet) A hyperlink from a webpage to an external website.
What is outbound links in Google Analytics?
The majority of websites have some links which are external (outbound). When a user clicks on such links he is redirected to another domain. To know the users’ exit details, it is highly recommended to track the outbound link clicks.
What is outbound link tracking?
Find out when users click a link to leave your site. You can use Analytics Events to capture clicks on links that take users to a website other than your own. In this article: Using Google Tag Manager.
How do I find an external link?
How to View External Link Clicks In Google Analytics
- Click Tag.
- Choose the Google Analytics Tag template,
- Choose Tag type Universal Analytics.
- Configure the Tag, Add your GA ID to the Tracking ID.
- For Track Type, select Event.
- For Category, you can name this “Outbound Link Clink“.
- For Action, choose Click URL.
What is Outlink and Inlink?
1. To Web page W, an inlink is a URL of another Web page which contains a link pointing to W. To Web page W, an outlink is a link (URL) appearing in W which points to another Web page.
Does outbound links help SEO?
Outbound links are an important way websites participate in and contribute to the internet. They can add value for readers, help your site with SEO, and open conversations with other businesses.
How do I see outbound links in Google Analytics?
How to Find the Source of Outbound Traffic in Google Analytics
- Navigate to Google Analytics. There, you’ll go to Behavior » Events » Overview.
- Next, click “outbound-link” and then set the Secondary Dimension to “Source.”
- Now you can see the source of all the outbound link traffic.
Can you track outbound links?
You can track which outbound links are clicked by your users by adding a short, simple code in your Google Analytics Tracking code.
How do I set up outbound link tracking?
How to Track Outbound Link Clicks with Google Tag Manager
- Log in to Your Google Tag Manager Account.
- Go to Variables and Click New Under User-Defined Variables.
- Select Auto-Event Variable Under Variable Type.
- Go to Triggers and Create a New One.
- Select Click – Just Links Under Trigger Type.
- Go to Tags and Click New.
What are outbound clicks?
Outbound clicks provide a measure of the amount of traffic your ads help send to your website or app. They are different than link clicks, which specifically count clicks on links in the displayed ad that include both external destinations and certain Facebook experiences.
Can Google Analytics track link clicks?
Can Google Analytics Track Link Clicks? Yes Google Analytics can track both internal and external link clicks through what is called “event tracking”. Custom code snippets or events from Google Tag Manager can help feed these events into Google Analytics based on your specific requirements.
How do I track a link?
Track clicked links with Google Analytics
- Click your profile image at the top right, then select Account settings.
- Click Analytics tracking settings.
- Select Enable Google Analytics integration then enter the domains you want to track:
- Click Save analytics settings.
How do I find external links in Excel?
Find External Links using Edit Links Option
- Go to the Data Tab.
- In the Connections group, click on Edit Links. It opens the Edit Links dialog box will list all the workbooks that are being referenced.
- Click on Break Links to convert all linked cells to values.
How can I track how many times a link is clicked?
How do I use Link Tracking to count how many times my email’s hyperlink is clicked?
- Click the Settings wrench icon.
- Choose Tracking from the menu on the left.
- Check the box to Enable Link Tracking.
- Create your email and ensure the Tracking button is set to ON (illuminated blue).