What is Event Category in Google Analytics Event Tracking? The ‘event category’ is the name assigned to the group of similar events you want to track. You can use any value of type ‘text’ as an event category. This is basically the element the user interacted with on the web page, for example, video.
What is Event action Google Analytics?
Events are user interactions with content other than page loads (pageviews). Downloads, link clicks, form submissions, and video plays are all examples of actions you might want to analyze as Events.
What is Event value in Google Analytics?
Event value is an optional metric in Google Analytics (GA) that can be used to evaluate user interactions with individual site objects or content items. By subsequent specification of the event value, it is possible to determine the monetary value of this particular user interaction.
What is events in Web Analytics?
Event (analytics) In analytics, an event is recorded when an Internet user performs an action on your website. Events can be measured independently of loading a new page. Different examples of web analytics events: click on a link.
What are events and custom events in Google Analytics?
Custom events are events that are not already automatically collected or recommended events. Only use custom events if the existing events don’t handle your use case. Custom events won’t show up in most standard reports so you will likely need to set up custom reporting for meaningful analysis.
How do I add an event category in Google Analytics?
How to Set Up Google Analytics Events in Google Tag Manager
- In the Tag Screen, Click New.
- Select a Google Analytics Tag and in the Track Type drop-down, select ‘Event’
- Choose your Category, Action, Label or Value.
- Choose whether the Non-Interaction is False or True.
How do I use events in Google Analytics?
Auto-event tracking options
- Log into Google Tag Manager.
- Select “Tags” from the left-hand side.
- Create a new tag and select Universal Analytics as the Tag Type.
- Set your Google Analytics Tracking ID.
- Choose “Event” for the track type.
- Set your Event Category, Action, Label and Values.
- Set your triggers as required.
How do I name an event in Google Analytics?
Here are the rules to apply in a naming convention for Google Analytics views:
- Use numbers/digits to distinguish the most important views and their order.
- Use property name in the view name.
- In the end, add the name/purpose of the view.
How do I see event values in Google Analytics?
If you have already set up event tracking then you can see the values of the ‘event action’ in Google Analytics by following the steps below: Step-1: Navigate to Behavior > Events > Top Events reports of your GA reporting view. Note: Google Analytics report ‘event action’ as a dimension in its reports.
How do I test events in Google Analytics?
The simplest way to do this is to trigger the event yourself. Then, check Google Analytics to see if the event showed up. You can view your tracked events by clicking “Behavior” in the sidebar and scrolling down to “Events.” Your tracked events can be found under “Behavior” in Google Analytics.
Where are custom events in Google Analytics?
In Google Analytics 4, go to Configure > Custom Definitions. Since we sent 2 custom parameters with the menu link click, we must register them both here. Click the Create Custom Dimensions button and then enter:
- The name of the parameter. You can enter whatever you want.
- Event parameter.
Why are my events not showing on Google Analytics?
If you don’t see any data at all in your Real-Time reports, the most likely cause is either in the Google Analytics tracking code or GA/GTM misconfiguration. You should check your tags in Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics filters, and also use browser extensions for debugging.
What are events in Google Analytics 4?
Events. So in Universal Analytics, events were designed for tracking actions within a page. In contrast, in Google Analytics 4, events are used to send all types of data to your reports. This includes actions, details about your users, and other information about your website.
How do I create an event in Google Analytics 4?
To create a Google Analytics 4 Event tag:
- Click Tags > New.
- Click Tag Configuration.
- Select Google Analytics: GA4 Event.
- For Configuration Tag, select the Configuration Tag you created earlier.
- For Event Name, specify the name of the event.
- Optional: Enter Event Parameters.