According to Google: “The code should be added near the top of the head tag and before any other script or CSS tags, and the string ‘UA-XXXXX-Y’ should be replaced with the property ID (also called the “tracking ID”) of the Google Analytics property you wish to track.”
Where should Analytics code be placed?
As per Google Analytics’ instructions, your tracking code should always be placed just after the opening of the <head> tag of the website. The code placement will differ from website to website.
Where do I put Analytics tracking code in HTML?
Answer: Just before the closing </body> tag of your website.
What can the Analytics tracking code collect?
In general, the Google Analytics Tracking Code (GATC) retrieves web page data as follows: A browser requests a web page that contains the tracking code. After the tracking code collects data, the GIF request is sent to the Analytics database for logging and post-processing.
Do I need to put Google Analytics code on every page?
You do need to put Google Analytics on every page that you are interested in tracking. Depending on what website builder you are using, it is done automatically for you.
What sources are available in Google Analytics?
What is Medium in Google Analytics
- Organic Traffic (non-paid traffic from search engines)
- CPC/PPC (paid traffic from search engines)
- Referral (a link from another website)
- Email (link from an online email tool such as Hotmail or Gmail)
- Social (link from a social media site)
- None (direct traffic)
How do I find Google Analytics property ID?
Find your Tracking ID and global site tag
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
How do I find the Google Analytics code on my website?
- Load a web page in the Chrome browser.
- Right-click the page, then click View page source.
- You should see a lot of code. Search the page for gtag. js or analytics. js (for Universal Analytics) or ga. js (for Classic Analytics).
Where do I put Google Analytics code in WordPress?
Log in to your WordPress dashboard and navigate to Appearance » Theme Editor. Now click the Theme Header (header. php) file on the right-hand side below the Theme Files section. Paste the tracking code you just copied from your Analytics profile before the closing </head> tag.
How do I put tracking code on my website?
- 1Obtain your tracking code in your marketing automation tool.
- 2Locate your global footer in your content management system.
- 3When you have found your tracking code and located your global footer, copy and paste your tracking code into the footer.
How can I tell who has access to my Google Analytics?
Sign in to Google Analytics.. Click Admin, and navigate to the desired account/property/view. In the Account, Property, or View column, click Access Management. Use the search box at the top of the list to find the user group you want.
Can Google Analytics tell you who is visiting your site?
Google Analytics can provide some information on who is visiting your website via the Network Report. The Google Analytics Network Report stores Service Provider data to show which service provider visitors are using to access your site.
Where does Google Analytics get data from?
Is Property ID the same as tracking ID?
Google Analytics Tracking ID (aka Property ID) is the unique identifier of a GA property. It allows Analytics and other apps to distinguish your property from other properties.
Can I use Google Analytics for any website?
Will Google Analytics work on any website? Google Analytics will work on any website as long as you install the code snippet on it. Whether your website is an old and crusty one from 2010, or whether you make it yourself using one of the most popular and new website builders.
How do I add Google Analytics code to HTML?
Set Up Google Analytics
- Sign in or create a Google Analytics account.
- In the left bottom of the sidebar, click Admin.
- On the right side of the screen, select the account you would like to use or create a new account by clicking the + Create Account button.
- Click the + Create Property button.
- Select Website.