Your Google Analytics tracking code will work anywhere on the page. The reason why it’s recommended that you add it within your head section is so it gets executed early in the loading of your page. This *should* lead to more accurate data collection.
Should Google Analytics code go in header or footer?
Want to know where should you put your Google Analytics code? While it’s safe to put your code in the header or footer, Google recommends you to add your code to your WordPress header.
Where Google Analytics code should be placed?
As per Google Analytics’ instructions, your tracking code should always be placed just after the opening of thetag of the website.
Can Google Analytics go in footer?
You can. The only difference is that if you put in the “footer” (i.e. just before the tag), the browser will first load the DOM (i.e. everything up to the script tag) and then start to load the script.
How do I add Google Analytics code to cPanel?
How to Install the Google Analytics Code Into Your Website
- 2) Sign into your cPanel account.
- 4) Go to your public_html folder.
- 5) Find and select the page that you wish to track.
- 6) With the file selected, click Edit.
- 7) Paste your Google Analytics code on the lines before
- 8 ) Click Save Changes.
Where do I put the Google Analytics tracking code?
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
Do I need to put Google Analytics code on every page?
You do need to put Google Analytics on every page that you are interested in tracking. Depending on what website builder you are using, it is done automatically for you.
Does Google Tag Manager have to be in header?
Google Tag Manager official recommendation states that in order to install it you need to place the