How to Set Up Google Analytics Events in Google Tag Manager
- In the Tag Screen, Click New.
- Select a Google Analytics Tag and in the Track Type drop-down, select ‘Event’
- Choose your Category, Action, Label or Value.
- Choose whether the Non-Interaction is False or True.
How do I create an event in Google Analytics 4?
To create a Google Analytics 4 Event tag:
- Click Tags > New.
- Click Tag Configuration.
- Select Google Analytics: GA4 Event.
- For Configuration Tag, select the Configuration Tag you created earlier.
- For Event Name, specify the name of the event.
- Optional: Enter Event Parameters.
How do you set up an event?
We hope the following provides a starting point for your event planning – and without further ado, here are the ten steps.
- Develop Your Event Goal and Objectives.
- Organize Your Team.
- Establish Your Budget.
- Set the Date.
- Create an Event Master Plan.
- Book Your Venue.
- Brand Your Event.
How do I see events in Google Analytics?
To see Events reports:
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Navigate to your view.
- Open Reports.
- Select Behavior > Events.
What is Event label in Google Analytics?
‘Event label’ is a way to provide additional information about specific website elements to identify a unique event, like a product name, video title, or URL. For example, if you have three videos on the same page, they’ll all have ‘Videos’ as the event category and ‘Play’ as the event action.
What are Events & custom events in Google Analytics?
Custom events are events that are not already automatically collected or recommended events. Only use custom events if the existing events don’t handle your use case. Custom events won’t show up in most standard reports so you will likely need to set up custom reporting for meaningful analysis.
What is Event value in Google Analytics?
Event value is an optional metric in Google Analytics (GA) that can be used to evaluate user interactions with individual site objects or content items. By subsequent specification of the event value, it is possible to determine the monetary value of this particular user interaction.
What are the 3 types of events?
There are three main categories which events go under. These events are private, corporate and charity which are explained below.
What is events per session in Google Analytics?
Sessions with an event – These are those Google Analytics sessions in which at least one tracked event occurred. Events/Session with an event – It is the average number of tracked events that occurred in a Google Analytics session.
What is events in Web Analytics?
Event (analytics) In analytics, an event is recorded when an Internet user performs an action on your website. Events can be measured independently of loading a new page. Different examples of web analytics events: click on a link.
How do I create a custom event in ga4?
Create an event
- In the left pane, click Configure, then Events.
- Click Create event.
- If your property has more than one data stream, you will be asked to select a data stream.
- Click Create.
- Under Custom event name, enter the name you want this new event to have.
How do I name an event in Google Analytics?
Here are the rules to apply in a naming convention for Google Analytics views:
- Use numbers/digits to distinguish the most important views and their order.
- Use property name in the view name.
- In the end, add the name/purpose of the view.