According to Google: “The code should be added near the top of the tag and before any other script or CSS tags, and the string ‘UA-XXXXX-Y’ should be replaced with the property ID (also called the “tracking ID”) of the Google Analytics property you wish to track.”
Where do I put Google Analytics tracking code?
As per Google Analytics’ instructions, your tracking code should always be placed just after the opening of thetag of the website.
Do I need to put Google Analytics code on every page?
You do need to put Google Analytics on every page that you are interested in tracking. Depending on what website builder you are using, it is done automatically for you.
How do I add a tracking code?
1 Obtain your tracking code in your marketing automation tool. 2Locate your global footer in your content management system. 3When you have found your tracking code and located your global footer, copy and paste your tracking code into the footer.
Is Property ID the same as tracking ID?
Google Analytics Tracking ID (aka Property ID) is the unique identifier of a GA property. It allows Analytics and other apps to distinguish your property from other properties.
How do I add Google Analytics code to HTML?
Set Up Google Analytics
- Sign in or create a Google Analytics account.
- In the left bottom of the sidebar, click Admin.
- On the right side of the screen, select the account you would like to use or create a new account by clicking the + Create Account button.
- Click the + Create Property button.
- Select Website.
Can I use Google Analytics for any website?
Will Google Analytics work on any website? Google Analytics will work on any website as long as you install the code snippet on it. Whether your website is an old and crusty one from 2010, or whether you make it yourself using one of the most popular and new website builders.
How do I put Google Analytics on my website?
Add Analytics tracking
- On a computer, open a classic Google Sites.
- Click Settings. Manage site.
- Under “Statistics,” click the Down arrow. Use Universal Analytics.
- In the text box, under “Analytics Web Property ID,” enter a valid Analytics Property ID.
- At the top, click Save.
How do I copy a Google Analytics script?
To collect data, you need to copy and paste the global site tag into the source code on every webpage you want to measure.
- Find the global site tag for your property, and copy the code exactly without editing it.
- Paste your code (unaltered, in its entirety) after the opening tag on each page you want to measure.
How do I add a new property to Google Analytics?
First, log in to your Google Analytics account and select the website in which you’d like to add a new property.
- Now click on Admin in the left taskbar.
- In the Property column, click on the dropdown menu, and then, click Create new property.
Where is my Google Analytics ID?
To retrieve your Google Analytics UID, sign in to your Google Analytics account. Click on the “Admin” tab at the top and make sure the correct “Account” and “Property” are selected. Then click on “Tracking Info” and select “Tracking Code”. You should see your “Tracking ID”, copy that value down.