How to Set Up Google Analytics Events in Google Tag Manager
- In the Tag Screen, Click New.
- Select a Google Analytics Tag and in the Track Type drop-down, select ‘Event’
- Choose your Category, Action, Label or Value.
- Choose whether the Non-Interaction is False or True.
How do I set up event tracking in Google Analytics 4?
If you go to Admin > Data Streams > Select the web data stream, the following window will open where you will see a section called Enhanced Measurement. By default, this feature is enabled and will automatically track the following events: Page view (event name: page_view) Scroll (event name: scroll)
How do I check Google Analytics event tracking?
Just to go Insights » Reports and click on the Real-Time tab. Now, if you see there are active users on your site, then it means Google Analytics is tracking your visitors.
Can events be tracked as Goals in Google Analytics?
Events and goals serve different needs, they provide you with different sets of information and are available in different types of reports. Here’s an overview of the steps you’ll need to take to track events goals in Google Analytics: Configure a custom event. Test the goal in GA real-time reports.
How do I create an event in GA4?
Create an event
- In the left pane, click Configure, then Events.
- Click Create event.
- If your property has more than one data stream, you will be asked to select a data stream.
- Click Create.
- Under Custom event name, enter the name you want this new event to have.
How do I create a event in GA4?
How to set up custom events GA4 using GTM
- Step-1: Log in to your GTM account and then click on ‘Tags’ in the left-hand side menu:
- Step-2: Click on the ‘New’ button to create a new tag:
- Step-3: Name your tag ‘Button Click’ and then click on ‘Tag configuration’.
What are the three elements of event tracking?
Event category, Action, Label and Event value are important factors.
How do I create a GTM account?
To create your own Google Tag Manager account, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Sign in. Click “Sign In” on the top right corner of the page.
- Step 2: Click “Google Tag Manager”
- Step 3: Add a new account.
- Step 4: Set up container.
- Step 5: Accept terms of agreement.
- Step 6: Click “OK” to finish.
What is Event label in Google Analytics?
‘Event label’ is a way to provide additional information about specific website elements to identify a unique event, like a product name, video title, or URL. For example, if you have three videos on the same page, they’ll all have ‘Videos’ as the event category and ‘Play’ as the event action.
How do I set up ecommerce goals in Google Analytics?
Enable Ecommerce for a view
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Click Admin, and navigate to the view you want.
- In the VIEW column, click Ecommerce Settings.
- Set Enable Ecommerce to ON.
- Click Save.
What is the difference between events and goals in Google Analytics?
The main difference between a goal and an event in Google Analytics is that goals are tied to actions that affect website revenue, while events track website behavior that does not have to do with reaching a specific page on your site.
How do I set up submission goals in Google Analytics?
Create a Form Goal
- Log into Google Analytics and click Admin at the bottom of the page.
- Choose the Account and Property where you’d like to create your goal, and then click Goals.
- Select New Goal at the top of the page.
- Choose the option for Custom Goal, then click Continue.
How do I track custom events in GA4?
Go to Tags > New > Google Analytics: GA4 Event. Select your existing GA 4 Configuration tag and then enter the event name. Its value is up to you.