How to use UTM tracking codes
- Install Google Analytics on your website.
- Visit Google’s free Campaign URL Builder page.
- Insert the website URL and campaign information.
- Create a unique UTM tracking code (aka campaign URL) for every ad or link.
- Use the UTM tracking codes in your marketing campaigns.
How do I generate a UTM code?
How to Build UTM Codes in HubSpot
- Navigate to your Analytics Tools.
- Open the Tracking URL Builder.
- Open the Tracking URL form to create a new UTM code.
- Fill in each attribute of your UTM code and click “Create.”
- Use the shortened link in your marketing campaign.
- Measure your success.
Can you make your own UTM parameters?
Creating Custom UTM Parameters Since these are custom, you can define these however you want. Make sure to come up with a clean and consistent naming structure that can be applied account wide.
Where is UTM in Google Analytics?
Google Analytics UTM campaign parameters can be found in the Reports section under Acquisition>Campaigns>All campaigns. Just log into your Google Analytics platform and scroll down to your Acquisition Section.
What is UTM Google Analytics?
“UTM” stands for “Urchin tracking module.” UTM codes are added to the end of regular URL’s and are designed to tell Google Analytics (and other analytics tools) a little bit more information about each link and which marketing campaign it relates to.
Is UTM and GTM same?
There seems to be some confusion between UTM and GTM. We’re going to first explain what UTM means, then GTM, then go into UTM vs GTM. The two are completely separate systems and can be used independently of each other.
How do I create a custom parameter in Google Analytics?
Click Edit in the blue bar above the table, then select Change custom parameters from the drop-down menu. Next to ‘Add parameters’, enter the name and value of your custom parameters. Click Add. Click Apply.
How do I add tags to my Google business page?
To add/edit labels:
- Go to your listing in Google My Business.
- Click “Info” and then in the “Advanced information” section click “Labels”.
- Add as many labels as you need for each listing.
How do I know if UTM is working?
To test your UTM parameters, enter the tagged URL into your browser and see what happens.
- During HTTP to HTTPS redirect, UTM parameters are not passed in this case.
- It’s not a good idea to use “cpc” as a medium by default when tagging social media campaigns.
What are the 5 UTM parameters?
The five types of UTM parameters
- utm_source. This tag identifies the source of your traffic (Facebook, search engine, newsletter, Linkedin, etc.).
- utm_medium. This UTM code specifies the medium, like cpc or newsletter, for example.
What is a UTM code?
Definition: UTM codes are one of the ways to track performance from any digital marketing campaign. UTM or Urchin Tracking Module is a simple code that can be attached to any URL to generate Google Analytics data for digital campaigns. A common utilisation of a UTM code is to create a unique URL for each campaign.