To retrieve your Google Analytics UID, sign in to your Google Analytics account. Click on the “Admin” tab at the top and make sure the correct “Account” and “Property” are selected. Then click on “Tracking Info” and select “Tracking Code”. You should see your “Tracking ID”, copy that value down.
What is the Google Analytics tracking ID?
Google Analytics’ tracking code (or ID) is a unique identifier that allows Google Analytics to collect data when inserted into a website. This data includes the time users spend on a webpage, search terms used, and how they came to the site. You’ll then need to set up a property to link the website with your account.
How do I add Google Analytics code?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
Which kinds of hits does Google Analytics track?
Google Analytics is the number one tool that shows different metrics that every successful website should track. The data is made of each user’s interaction, known as a hit. It tracks pageview hit, screen view hit, event hit, social interaction hit, e-commerce hit, user timing hit, and exception hit.
Is Property ID the same as tracking ID Google Analytics?
If you’re working with an Google Analytics 4 property, you have a Measurement ID instead of a Tracking ID. A Measurement ID uses the format G-XXXXXXX, and identifies the data stream sending data to your Google Analytics 4 property.
Is measurement ID the same as tracking ID?
Google Analytics 4 uses measurement ID instead of tracking ID like in Universal Analytics. The measurement ID format is G-XXXXXXX and it identifies which data stream is sending data to your GA4 property.
How do I give someone access to my Google Analytics?
How to grant access to Google Analytics
- Log into Google Analytics.
- Click on the gear icon in the lower left to access the Admin section.
- In the Account column, click User Management.
- Click the blue plus button in the top right to add a new user, then click Add users.
- Enter the users email address.
Do I need to put Google Analytics code on every page?
You do need to put Google Analytics on every page that you are interested in tracking. Depending on what website builder you are using, it is done automatically for you.
How do I create a new Google Analytics account?
Add an account
- Sign in to your Analytics Account.
- Click Admin.
- In the ACCOUNT column, select + Create Account from the menu.
- Click Web site or Mobile app.
- Under Setting up your Account:
- Under Setting up your property, enter the Website or App Name.
- Select an Industry Category.
- Select the Reporting Time Zone.
Can Google Analytics track mobile devices?
Mobile Device Usage in Google Analytics Google Analytics can be a quick and free way to measure screen resolutions, devices, and the browsers your site’s visitors are often using. To see what percentage of your users are on mobile devices open up the Audience tab, and select Mobile and Overview.
What is User ID to track users across different devices?
To recognize users across different devices, Sign-in is required for User ID.
Can Google Analytics identify individual users?
To track every individual user in Google Analytics, you will have to implement User_ID. A user id is a set of unique alphanumeric characters that is used to identify a single user across multiple devices. User_ids are assigned by you not Google Analytics.