Track clicked links with Google Analytics
- Click your profile image at the top right, then select Account settings.
- Click Analytics tracking settings.
- Select Enable Google Analytics integration then enter the domains you want to track:
- Click Save analytics settings.
How do I find external link clicks in Google Analytics?
How to View External Link Clicks In Google Analytics
- Click Tag.
- Choose the Google Analytics Tag template,
- Choose Tag type Universal Analytics.
- Configure the Tag, Add your GA ID to the Tracking ID.
- For Track Type, select Event.
- For Category, you can name this “Outbound Link Clink“.
- For Action, choose Click URL.
How do I track clicks on a link in Google Analytics 4?
Set up custom link clicks.
- Add a Google Analytics 4 property to your site. In Google Analytics 4, you can automatically track links.
- Click “See your GA4 property.”
- Click “Data Streams.”
- Click your site.
- Set up custom link clicks.
How do I track my clicks?
Below are the steps for finding out how many people clicked your tracking links.
- Log into your Google Analytics account.
- Click on the appropriate website profile.
- Click “All Web Site Data.” You will be taken to your analytics dashboard showing you an overview of your website activity.
How do I see button clicks in Google Analytics?
Here’s a brief overview of the steps we’re going to take to track button clicks:
- Find your button.
- View the source code.
- Enable the variable.
- Create a tag.
- Create a trigger.
- Preview the container.
- Check Google Analytics.
- Publish the container.
How do I track outbound links?
You can track which outbound links are clicked by your users by adding a short, simple code in your Google Analytics Tracking code.
- Where are you Going?
- Event Category is the name of the event.
- Total Events is the times the Event occurred – in this case, it’s the number of times my outbound link was clicked by a user.
How does GTM track external links?
Tip 106: Track outbound link clicks with the Auto-Event variable
- Step 1: Create the Auto-Event variable. Go to Variables in the Google Tag Manager user interface, and scroll down to User-Defined Variables. Click New.
- Step 2: Create the Just Links trigger. Then, go to Triggers in the GTM user interface, and click New.
How can I track how many times a link is clicked?
How do I use Link Tracking to count how many times my email’s hyperlink is clicked?
- Click the Settings wrench icon.
- Choose Tracking from the menu on the left.
- Check the box to Enable Link Tracking.
- Create your email and ensure the Tracking button is set to ON (illuminated blue).