Google Analytics’ tracking code (or ID) is a unique identifier that allows Google Analytics to collect data when inserted into a website. The tracking code is the mechanism by which Google Analytics compiles data. It consolidates this data into reports, using graphs and other visuals to display the results.
How do I find my Google Analytics ID?
Find your Tracking ID and global site tag
- Sign in to your Analytics account.
- Click Admin.
- Select an account from the menu in the ACCOUNT column.
- Select a property from the menu in the PROPERTY column.
- Under PROPERTY, click Tracking Info > Tracking Code. Your Tracking ID is displayed at the top of the page.
Is Property ID the same as tracking ID Google Analytics?
If you’re working with an Google Analytics 4 property, you have a Measurement ID instead of a Tracking ID. A Measurement ID uses the format G-XXXXXXX, and identifies the data stream sending data to your Google Analytics 4 property.
How do I create a Google Analytics account ID?
To set up User-ID:
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Click Admin, and navigate to the property in which you want to implement User-ID.
- In the PROPERTY column, click Tracking Info > User-ID.
- Follow the steps outlined in the next sections.
How do I put Google Analytics on my website?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
What is Google Analytics for Websites?
Google Analytics is a web analytics service that provides statistics and basic analytical tools for search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing purposes. The service is part of the Google Marketing Platform and is available for free to anyone with a Google account.
Is measurement ID the same as tracking ID?
Google Analytics 4 uses measurement ID instead of tracking ID like in Universal Analytics. The measurement ID format is G-XXXXXXX and it identifies which data stream is sending data to your GA4 property.
How do you use a tracking ID?
Using a Tracking Number Go to the website of the shipper, such as UPS.com for United Parcel Service. In the specified space, enter the tracking number found on your receipt, which may have as many as 35 digits. Follow the instructions, clicking for instance Track or Find.
How do I access Google Analytics?
You can sign in to your Analytics account from http://www.google.com/analytics. Click Sign in (at top right), and select Analytics. If you are already signed in to Google (e.g. you are signed in to your Gmail account), you’ll be taken directly to the Analytics user interface.
What is Google Analytics property?
In Google Analytics, a property is a website, mobile application, or blog, etc., that is associated with a unique tracking ID. A Google Analytics account can contain one or more properties.
How do I find my Google Analytics 2021 View ID?
Go to Admin settings in Google Analytics In the admin section, click on “View Settings” (top right). In the view settings view, you will find the view ID.
What is required for user ID?
To recognize users across different devices, Sign-in is required for User ID.