Step 2 | Add your Google Analytics property to your Wix site
- Go to Marketing Integrations on your site’s dashboard.
- Click Connect under Google Analytics.
- Click Connect Google Analytics at the top right.
- Paste your Google Analytics 4 Measurement ID or Universal Analytics Tracking ID in the pop-up.
How do I connect Google Analytics to Wix?
Here’s how to use Google Analytics on your Wix website:
- Create a Google Analytics account.
- Fill in your site’s information and get a tracking ID.
- Click the Admin button at the bottom of the page and select Tracking Info.
- Click Tracking Code and copy your Tracking ID.
- Go to Marketing Integrations in your Wix account.
Does Wix work with Google Analytics?
It is not possible to use Google Analytics with a free Wix site. This is because Google Analytics requires that you have your own URL (e.g. www.mystunningwebsite.com). This service is therefore only available to users who have upgraded their site to a Premium Plan that includes connecting a domain.
How do I add Google Analytics to my existing website?
Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
How do I add a Google Tag to my Wix site?
How to add Google Tag Manager code to WIX: Summary
- Go to your site’s Marketing Integrations tab.
- Go to Google Tag Manager and click Go For It.
- At the top right click Connect Google Tag Manager.
- Enter your Google Tag Manager container ID.
- Click Save.
How do I know if Google Analytics is working Wix?
You can check that your Google Analytics code is working by viewing the Real-time report in your Google Analytics dashboard while your Wix site is open on your computer. To view the Real-Time report: Open your Google Analytics dashboard. Click Real-time on the left.
How do I anonymize my IP in Google Analytics?
To anonymize IP addresses in GTM, you need to adjust your Google Analytics Settings variable. Or you can do this directly in your Universal Analytics tag. In the GA settings variable, change your Fields to Set to “anonymizeIp,” and set your value to “true.” Note that this is the syntax for Universal Analytics.
Do you have to pay for Google Analytics?
Google Analytics is what they call a “freemium” service, meaning that small businesses can use the service without paying a monthly charge, but if you want more advanced features or the ability to do more with the service, there is a recurring fee.
How do I add a conversion tracking code to Wix?
Click Tools & Settings at the top. Select Conversions under Measurement in the drop-down menu. Step 1 | Create a conversion action
- Click Add conversion.
- Select Website.
- Select the type of conversion action to track from the Category drop-down menu.
- Enter a name for the conversion action in the Conversion name field.
Can I use Google Analytics for any website?
Will Google Analytics work on any website? Google Analytics will work on any website as long as you install the code snippet on it. Whether your website is an old and crusty one from 2010, or whether you make it yourself using one of the most popular and new website builders.
How do I find the Google Analytics code on my website?
- Load a web page in the Chrome browser.
- Right-click the page, then click View page source.
- You should see a lot of code. Search the page for gtag. js or analytics. js (for Universal Analytics) or ga. js (for Classic Analytics).
Where we do paste Google Analytics tracking code in your website?
According to Google: “The code should be added near the top of thetag and before any other script or CSS tags, and the string ‘UA-XXXXX-Y’ should be replaced with the property ID (also called the “tracking ID”) of the Google Analytics property you wish to track.”
What does Google Tag Manager do?
Tag Manager gives you the ability to add and update your own tags for conversion tracking, site analytics, remarketing, and more. There are nearly endless ways to track activity across your sites and apps, and the intuitive design lets you change tags whenever you want.
Can you track clicks on Wix?
With Google Tag Manager, you can track click events on your Wix site to measure which events trigger specific conversions. With this information, you can analyze the online behavior of your customers to help you improve your business strategy.