Get started with Analytics
- Create or sign in to your Analytics account: Go to google.com/analytics.
- Set up a property in your Analytics account.
- Set up a reporting view in your property.
- Follow the instructions to add the tracking code to your websiteso you can collect data in your Analytics property.
Can you use Google Analytics on any website?
Will Google Analytics work on any website? Google Analytics will work on any website as long as you install the code snippet on it. Whether your website is an old and crusty one from 2010, or whether you make it yourself using one of the most popular and new website builders.
Where do I put Google Analytics in HTML?
Set Up Google Analytics
- Sign in or create a Google Analytics account.
- In the left bottom of the sidebar, click Admin.
- On the right side of the screen, select the account you would like to use or create a new account by clicking the + Create Account button.
- Click the + Create Property button.
- Select Website.
What is Google Analytics for Websites?
Google Analytics is a web analytics service that provides statistics and basic analytical tools for search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing purposes. The service is part of the Google Marketing Platform and is available for free to anyone with a Google account.
Do I need a separate Google Analytics account for each website?
A given web property should only be tracked in one Analytics account. Tracking a single web property in different Analytics accounts is not currently recommended. You do not need to sign in separately for each Analytics account that you have access to.
How do I find the Google Analytics code on my website?
- Load a web page in the Chrome browser.
- Right-click the page, then click View page source.
- You should see a lot of code. Search the page for gtag. js or analytics. js (for Universal Analytics) or ga. js (for Classic Analytics).
How do I integrate Google Analytics into my WordPress website?
You can also take a look at the written steps to learn how to set up Google Analytics without a plugin in WordPress.
- Step 1: Get Your Google Analytics Tracking Code. Log into your Google Analytics account and select the website for which you need the tracking code.
- Step 2: Add the Tracking Code to the header.php File.
Do I need to pay for Google Analytics?
Well, yes and no. Google Analytics is what they call a “freemium” service, meaning that small businesses can use the service without paying a monthly charge, but if you want more advanced features or the ability to do more with the service, there is a recurring fee.
How do I create a new Google Analytics account?
Add an account
- Sign in to your Analytics Account.
- Click Admin.
- In the ACCOUNT column, select + Create Account from the menu.
- Click Web site or Mobile app.
- Under Setting up your Account:
- Under Setting up your property, enter the Website or App Name.
- Select an Industry Category.
- Select the Reporting Time Zone.
When should I use Google Analytics?
Google Analytics allows you the information needed to help you shape the success strategy of your business, discovering things you probably never knew about visitors on your site. Whether you have an eCommerce site or an informative site, you want to understand the behavior of your visitors to deliver better results.
How do I set up Google Analytics for multiple websites?
When you have multiple websites to track, you can use a single account to add multiple sites in Google Analytics, which can be done in two ways. You can either add all your sites under a single Analytics account as different properties or add a unique Analytics account ID to each individual site.
Can we use two analytics on any website?
You can install multiple instances of the Analytics tag on your web pages to send data to multiple properties in your account. You can, for example, install multiple instances of the Universal Analytics tag (analytics. js) on your web pages but only one instance of the Classic Analytics code (ga. js).
Can you access Google Analytics without a Gmail account?
2 Answers. You can use Google Analytics without a gmail account, however you must still link your current email to Google’s services. Go to https://www.google.com/accounts/NewAccount and select “use my current email address instead.”